Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Slipstreaming (Updating) your Xp instalation disk

Slipstreaming (Updating) your Xp instalation disk

Joe

Anyone ever done this? I just did for the first time and this is cool. I did
not even know you could do this. I bought Win XP the day it was released so
my copy has no updates in it and I do a lot of reinstalls as I am constantly
trying something new. I had thought about buying a newer version just to
keep from having to download all the updates when I reinstall then I found
you could do this:

I copied my Xp disk to my hard drive
Downloaded service pack2
Integrated SP2 into my XP
Burnt a bootable XPSP2 disk that I can install from

I now have a brand new WinXP SP2 install disk and from now on when I
reinstall I will be starting at SP2.

I assume this is all legit to do as the ability to do it is pretty much
built into Windows XP.

Details: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295

This was actually pretty easy and did not take that long

Joe

Brad Griffis

That is cool! Thanks for the post!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...