Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Compress a video File

Compress a video File

Arno

Guys,

I havea Video File to big to burn on a DVD I recorded the olympic ceremony
and want to burn it on a DVD but it wont fit???

Anyone know what can I do to make it fit?

Thanks

ARnaud

Matt

ARnaud,

they have double sided DVD's now would that help- split
the Video in 1/2 ?

by the way - - nice job Thorpe and the women's 400 freestyle
relay

Robert Baer

Arno wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I havea Video File to big to burn on a DVD I recorded the olympic ceremony
> and want to burn it on a DVD but it wont fit???
>
> Anyone know what can I do to make it fit?
>
> Thanks
>
> ARnaud

See if you can change the format to something less intensive.
I found a WMV recording format at 1.47Mbps which has slightly better
resolution than all of the following: "DVD" (MPEG-2) at 8.00Mbps, "Good"
(ATI VCR) at 6.00Mbps, "Longer" (ATI VCR) at 2.00Mbps, and "Video VCD"
(MPEG-1) at 1.05Mbps.

Brad Griffis

Is it recorded as an mpg file? Here's an excellent video compression
program:

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te3xp.html

It's not free, but it is really good. If you plan to do much video stuff
it's worth paying for. You can recompress the file using a two-pass,
variable bit rate encoder and maintain excellent quality at a smaller size.
Alternatively, it has features that allow you to split an mpg file into
multiple files so that you could simply burn it to multiple discs.

Brad

news:411ebdb1$0$18434$(E-Mail Removed) u...