Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Data transfer help?

Data transfer help?

The Real Slim Baby

Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
Please help! Any ideas?

Brian

"The Real Slim Baby" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:9a1Tc.122129$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
> dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
> problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
> fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
> Please help! Any ideas?

tell us first which connection speeds you have.. ie. 1024/256.. then tell us
with which speed msn is sending it... do you have p2p progs running at the
same time you send something to your dad etc..

Brian

"The Real Slim Baby" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:9a1Tc.122129$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
> dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
> problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
> fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
> Please help! Any ideas?

and i sincerely hope that you are not one of these broadband junkies who
thinks that just because your father has a downstream of 768 that you are
gonna be able to "push" files to him at that speed.. if so, put the dunce's
hat on!

ArtKramr

>Subject: Data transfer help?
>From: "The Real Slim Baby" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>Date: 8/13/2004 3:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
>dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
>problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
>fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
>Please help! Any ideas?

Just cut and oaste the files into an e-mail and e-mail them to him. Simple.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

James Baber

ArtKramr wrote:
>>Subject: Data transfer help?
>>From: "The Real Slim Baby" (E-Mail Removed)
>>Date: 8/13/2004 3:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>Hi, I would like to send files from my computer along the internet to my
>>dads computer. I think msn is to slow and sending emails can be a bit of a
>>problem due to size restrictions. How can I send files from mine to his
>>fast? We both have broadband and I would like to take advantage of that.
>>Please help! Any ideas?

> Just cut and oaste the files into an e-mail and e-mail them to him. Simple.

No cut ___ use COPY (you do not want to remove them!!)

If you really do want to remove these files from your computer, make sure he has
gotten the first!! THEN manually delete them yourself.

Also, I strongly suggest that you both obtain WIN ZIP or an equivalent product
and use it to ZIP up the file(s) you are sending. It isn't hard, and will save
you a lot of time. One of my files will compress by 90% reducing a 20Mbyte
excel spreadsheet to 2Mbytes (which is less than a 5Mbyte limit of my customer's
ISP).

OK, the recipient must unzip the files before them before they be used, but
zipping and unzipping are so quick you won't even notice it happening.

--

Jim Baber

(see my 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org")

1350 W Mesa Ave.
Fresno CA, 93711
(559) 435-9068
(559) 905-2204 cell

Email (E-Mail Removed)

Tsun Szu

Yahoomail now comes free with 100mb space for . Are u aware of that? I think
100mb is quite sufficient to send files by Yahoomail. Just attached the
files to your email and send.