Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > outlook express; how to save?

outlook express; how to save?

kwijlebabulus

hello

With the older versions of netscape (eg. 4.79) you can move the folder
with your mails etc. This is located in the main netscape folder. After
the new install you can copy the old folder into the fresh installed
directory and use your old mails.

Now: Can you do this with outlook express too?????

My brother is using this programm. We are planning o pgrade his pc.
Also WINXP prof will be reinstalled.

So before we start: where are the folders located where outlook save his
mails on the hard disk.
Can i switch it like i do with netscape? Or is it just a programm
integrated with windows where you can do nothing with?

Wo can give some advise?

thanks in advance

kwijlebabulus

Lloyd Jones

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but select all the emails you want
to save and drag them on to a folder on your desktop, then you can save it
to floppy or do what you wish with them.

LJ

bambam

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:58:19 +0000, kwijlebabulus wrote:

> hello
>
> With the older versions of netscape (eg. 4.79) you can move the folder
> with your mails etc. This is located in the main netscape folder. After
> the new install you can copy the old folder into the fresh installed
> directory and use your old mails.
>
> Now: Can you do this with outlook express too?????

OEBackup - http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx

Lenny Vaz

tools -> options -> maintenance -> store folder

Copy this folder to a CD.

--
Lenny Vaz
--

"kwijlebabulus" <"alexander_rickert(remove)"@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello
>
> With the older versions of netscape (eg. 4.79) you can move the folder
> with your mails etc. This is located in the main netscape folder. After
> the new install you can copy the old folder into the fresh installed
> directory and use your old mails.
>
> Now: Can you do this with outlook express too?????
>
> My brother is using this programm. We are planning o pgrade his pc.
> Also WINXP prof will be reinstalled.
>
> So before we start: where are the folders located where outlook save his
> mails on the hard disk.
> Can i switch it like i do with netscape? Or is it just a programm
> integrated with windows where you can do nothing with?
>
> Wo can give some advise?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> kwijlebabulus

Chet

Tools/Options/Maintenance
Click the button labeled "Store Folder"
I have put my mail in a folder under My Documents so that whenever I back up
My Docs the mail is included.

"kwijlebabulus" <"alexander_rickert(remove)"@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello
>
> With the older versions of netscape (eg. 4.79) you can move the folder
> with your mails etc. This is located in the main netscape folder. After
> the new install you can copy the old folder into the fresh installed
> directory and use your old mails.
>
> Now: Can you do this with outlook express too?????
>
> My brother is using this programm. We are planning o pgrade his pc.
> Also WINXP prof will be reinstalled.
>
> So before we start: where are the folders located where outlook save his
> mails on the hard disk.
> Can i switch it like i do with netscape? Or is it just a programm
> integrated with windows where you can do nothing with?
>
> Wo can give some advise?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> kwijlebabulus

kwijlebabulus

waaw

thx folks, great help.
so, if i do so, allmy inbox, and adresbook are saved?

greets kwijl

Chet

Not the address book.