Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Fewer college students choose computer majors

Fewer college students choose computer majors

Developwebsites

on Yahoo! news:
at 9:30pm eastern Aug.9, news headline:
Fewer college students choose computer majors.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...040809/bs_usat
oday/fewercollegestudentschoosecomputermajors&printer=1

Plato

Developwebsites wrote:

> Fewer college students choose computer majors.

Yeah they see their dad or mom laid off and not working in the field for
years.

Joe

Stands to reason. They probably dont want to have to move to India and work
for less than minimum wage to get a job.

Joe

"Developwebsites" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> on Yahoo! news:
> at 9:30pm eastern Aug.9, news headline:
> Fewer college students choose computer majors.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...040809/bs_usat
> oday/fewercollegestudentschoosecomputermajors&printer=1

Jim Berwick

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Stands to reason. They probably dont want to have to move to India and
> work for less than minimum wage to get a job.

'Tis true. The company I work for does all of our business in one building
in NJ. Many of our customers say that they stay with us because we are all
so friendly, knowledgable and they can understand us. Others simply look
at the bottom line price and the extra $8/month we charge is enough for
them to sign on with a company who has very little US support (if any) and
then they call us and say "Yes, I cancelled my service and went with
<competitor>, but they are too hard to understand, can you fix my problem?"