Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Website?

Website?

Alistair Echlin

Hi knowledgable lot....

How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could send a
link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your allocated
web space that your ISP gives you???

Many Thanks

Alistair

Plato

Alistair Echlin wrote:

> How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could send a
> link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your allocated
> web space that your ISP gives you???

Yes many isps do give you space for a small personal website. The nice
thing about that is you shoudlnt have any ads with it unless you're
using a bargain isp.

Alistair

Plato

Im using BT Broadband, for 30/month I should hope Im not getting ad's
coming through! So do I just follow the gumf on BT Yahoo then to get me
started?

Cheers

Alistair

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:41151b90$0$33648$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alistair Echlin wrote:
> >
> > How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could

send a
> > link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your

allocated
> > web space that your ISP gives you???

> Yes many isps do give you space for a small personal website. The nice
> thing about that is you shoudlnt have any ads with it unless you're
> using a bargain isp.

Sirius

Alistair Echlin wrote:
> Hi knowledgable lot....
>
> How would I go about putting pictures onto a website, so I could

send a
> link to it for people to see? Is it something to do with your

allocated
> web space that your ISP gives you???
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Alistair

If that is all you want to do - and you don't know how to make a
website, you might find it easier to use an online photo printing
service like http://www.byphotos.com/ which will store downloaded images
and make it easy for you to provide a link for people to view them.

An ad supported free webspace provider like geocities ortripod would be
similar.