Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > .AVI convert?

.AVI convert?

SilverR1_04

Can I convert an .avi video file to another format? I'm having trouble
hosting it in it's current format.. How about editing it's length? I would
like to cut a little off the end of the video to make it smaller, or is
there another way to cut back on the file size?

colin

SilverR1_04 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I convert an .avi video file to another format? I'm having trouble
> hosting it in it's current format.. How about editing it's length? I would
> like to cut a little off the end of the video to make it smaller, or is
> there another way to cut back on the file size?

TMPGEnc

http://www.videohelp.com/

SilverR1_04

thank you, i'll give it a look.

"colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> SilverR1_04 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can I convert an .avi video file to another format? I'm having trouble
> > hosting it in it's current format.. How about editing it's length? I

would
> > like to cut a little off the end of the video to make it smaller, or is
> > there another way to cut back on the file size?
> >

> TMPGEnc
>
> http://www.videohelp.com/

ProfGene

Windows Movie Maker can edit the size by dragging each end to the point you
want at the beginning and the end. The viewer shows you where you are
trimming as you drag it from the beginning or the end. There is a program
by Blaze which can convert any video format to another. You can use it free
for something like three weeks or so.
"SilverR1_04" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I convert an .avi video file to another format? I'm having trouble
> hosting it in it's current format.. How about editing it's length? I would
> like to cut a little off the end of the video to make it smaller, or is
> there another way to cut back on the file size?

ProfGene

Blaze has a video format changing program that can be used free for 15 days.
Windows movie maker can edit the size of avis.