Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Video Display Driver needed

Video Display Driver needed

Richard O'Keefe

I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.

I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).

Drivers:
Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.

The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III

I will appreciate any help to find the proper driver for the graphics
adapter.

Thanks, Richard

Thor

"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
> could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
>
> I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
> the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
> Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
>
> Drivers:
> Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
> Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
> can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
>
> The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
> The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III

You should be able to find the correct display driver by visiting HP's
website, going to the support section, and look up your computer model.

Richard O'Keefe

Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:30:10 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
>> could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
>>
>> I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
>> the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
>> Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
>>
>> Drivers:
>> Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
>> Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
>> can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
>>
>> The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
>> The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III

>You should be able to find the correct display driver by visiting HP's
>website, going to the support section, and look up your computer model.

Lloyd Jones

Have a look on this site:

http://www.driverguide.com/

Login: Drivers

Password: All

LJ

HF

Search for them !!!!
"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
> could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
>
> I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
> the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
> Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
>
> Drivers:
> Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
> Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
> can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
>
> The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
> The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III
>
> I will appreciate any help to find the proper driver for the graphics
> adapter.
>
> Thanks, Richard

---

Chuck

Looks as if you have a Hewlett Packard system. You may want to check with
HP regarding the availability of a recovery disk for your system.

"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
> could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
>
> I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
> the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
> Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
>
> Drivers:
> Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
> Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
> can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
>
> The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
> The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III
>
> I will appreciate any help to find the proper driver for the graphics
> adapter.
>
> Thanks, Richard

Thor

"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.

oh really? I found a ton of Vectra VL models listed.

http://tinyurl.com/4s3fu

Richard O'Keefe

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:43:30 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Richard O'Keefe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.
>>

>oh really? I found a ton of Vectra VL models listed.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4s3fu

I did also. But I did not find any real help there. I finally found
the correct driver at driver guide,com

Jerry G.

It sounds more like you need the drivers for the display card. If the
monitor is driven generically, it should still work.

--

Jerry G.