Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > mydoom.m is horrible!

mydoom.m is horrible!

Jim Berwick

Came in to work today to find out it has been sending itself out as tech@
[myisp], which happens to be the Tech Support email address. It also
includes at the bottom of it From [isp] tech support.

Apparently it was worse yesterday, because a lot of people were opening the
attachments and then calling to bitch that we sent them a virus. Hope
whoever wrote this gets a hefty fine and some jail time.

The Prophecy

Jim Berwick wrote:
> Came in to work today to find out it has been sending itself out as
> tech@ [myisp], which happens to be the Tech Support email address.
> It also includes at the bottom of it From [isp] tech support.
>
> Apparently it was worse yesterday, because a lot of people were
> opening the attachments and then calling to bitch that we sent them a
> virus. Hope whoever wrote this gets a hefty fine and some jail time.

Don't worry. When a virus as severe as MyDoom.M is released, the author will
certainly get fines and jail time when caught.