Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Monitor

Monitor

Jason

Sorry if this is the wrong group to ask.

I have been given another monitor which I want to use along with my other
17" monitor. Is it possible to have 2 monitors on the go. And if so how do I
plug them in as I only have one monitor post on the rear of my pc

Thanks Jason

Joe

Yes but you will either need two video cards 1 AGP and 1 PCI, or a dual head
card, or you could use on board video with another card, or I have a card
that also has TV out and I use my TV as a second monitor. It works well. I
move stuff over to the TV that I dont want to close but am not working on.

Joe

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this is the wrong group to ask.
>
> I have been given another monitor which I want to use along with my other
> 17" monitor. Is it possible to have 2 monitors on the go. And if so how do
> plug them in as I only have one monitor post on the rear of my pc
>
> Thanks Jason

Stuart

Joe wrote:

> Yes but you will either need two video cards 1 AGP and 1 PCI, or a dual head
> card, or you could use on board video with another card, or I have a card
> that also has TV out and I use my TV as a second monitor. It works well. I
> move stuff over to the TV that I dont want to close but am not working on.
>
> Joe

Or get a PCI-Express motherboard and then buy two identical cards.

Stuart