Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Error message at startup

Error message at startup

vince

Just today I started getting this error right when the login screen would
come up for Window XP. I haven't changed anything on the computer, just
started happening randomly. the error message says:

lsass.exe-system error
an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function

I looked up lsass.exe and it has to do with the login screen. When I press
ok it just reboots. Same with safe mode, and all of the modes on the F8
menu. Right now I have the hard drive in this computer as the slave, because
I did some virus scanning and stuff. Any help would be great.

The Prophecy

vince wrote:
> Just today I started getting this error right when the login screen
> would come up for Window XP. I haven't changed anything on the
> computer, just started happening randomly. the error message says:
>
> lsass.exe-system error
> an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function
>
> I looked up lsass.exe and it has to do with the login screen. When I
> press ok it just reboots. Same with safe mode, and all of the modes
> on the F8 menu. Right now I have the hard drive in this computer as
> the slave, because I did some virus scanning and stuff. Any help
> would be great.

Unless somebody else can come up with something else, I suggest that you do
a Repair install of Windows XP.

A guide on how to do a repair install for Windows XP can be found here:

Kenny

You may have the Sasser virus, look here:
lsass.exe-system error
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/28079/

--

Kenny

"vince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just today I started getting this error right when the login screen would
> come up for Window XP. I haven't changed anything on the computer, just
> started happening randomly. the error message says:
>
> lsass.exe-system error
> an invalid parameter was passed to a service or function
>
> I looked up lsass.exe and it has to do with the login screen. When I press
> ok it just reboots. Same with safe mode, and all of the modes on the F8
> menu. Right now I have the hard drive in this computer as the slave,

because
> I did some virus scanning and stuff. Any help would be great.

vince

iI tired repair install but it asks for administrator passowrd. I've tried
everything and a password reset tool, but that didn't work. Not sure what to
do.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...