Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > humming sound heard from speakers with mouse movement

humming sound heard from speakers with mouse movement

buddy bird

I have a Logitech cordless duo keyboard and mouse combo on a gigabyte 8knxp
mobo with onboard sound.
I get a slight humming sound when the mouse is moved.
this comes through the speakers at any volume and doesn't increase with it.
any ideas?
I don't have a mic, (but enabled this option in the sound controls, due to
other posts I have seen on the net suggesting this) I have it muted, and
the level set to off.
still I get this mild hum.

Thor

"buddy bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MqFLc.64994$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I have a Logitech cordless duo keyboard and mouse combo on a gigabyte

8knxp
> mobo with onboard sound.
> I get a slight humming sound when the mouse is moved.
> this comes through the speakers at any volume and doesn't increase with

it.
> any ideas?
> I don't have a mic, (but enabled this option in the sound controls, due to
> other posts I have seen on the net suggesting this) I have it muted, and
> the level set to off.
> still I get this mild hum.

This occurs with many systems, particularly those with onboard sound, in my
experience, and can be anything from a steady hum, to one that coincides
with harddrive access, or mouse movement as yours does. Basically, it's just
the sound circuitry picking up noise generated by the rest of the computer.
Sometimes it helps to mute the CD audio channel, as sometimes the internal
analog cable is the culprit. Try that. Otherwise, try reorienting your
cables behind the computer, and also inside. It's doubtful that it will
help, but worth a try. You will likely just have to live with it, or try a
discreet sound card which may improve the situation.

buddy bird

Thanks I figured i'd ask but was expecting an answer like this.
it isn't the first time this has happened to me with any of the systems i've
had in the past too.
I just was sort of hoping for better after paying over $300 just for the
mobo and $120 for a mouse/keyboard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "buddy bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:MqFLc.64994$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > I have a Logitech cordless duo keyboard and mouse combo on a gigabyte

> 8knxp
> > mobo with onboard sound.
> > I get a slight humming sound when the mouse is moved.
> > this comes through the speakers at any volume and doesn't increase with

> it.
> > any ideas?
> > I don't have a mic, (but enabled this option in the sound controls, due

> > other posts I have seen on the net suggesting this) I have it muted,

and
> > the level set to off.
> > still I get this mild hum.

> This occurs with many systems, particularly those with onboard sound, in

my
> experience, and can be anything from a steady hum, to one that coincides
> with harddrive access, or mouse movement as yours does. Basically, it's

just
> the sound circuitry picking up noise generated by the rest of the

computer.
> Sometimes it helps to mute the CD audio channel, as sometimes the internal
> analog cable is the culprit. Try that. Otherwise, try reorienting your
> cables behind the computer, and also inside. It's doubtful that it will
> help, but worth a try. You will likely just have to live with it, or try a
> discreet sound card which may improve the situation.

Thor

"buddy bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jhXLc.29516$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Thanks I figured i'd ask but was expecting an answer like this.
> it isn't the first time this has happened to me with any of the systems

i've
> had in the past too.
> I just was sort of hoping for better after paying over $300 just for the
> mobo and $120 for a mouse/keyboard

That stuff gold-encrusted for that kind of money? Unless you aren't talking
in US dollars of course.

buddy bird

naw, cad cash
but still... most computer stores list this board as one of thier most
expensive single cpu board

news:(E-Mail Removed)...