Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > A poll on the younster's age...

A poll on the younster's age...

John H. Power

I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,

While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
against authority and those more experienced than them and are
constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
conduct can be done in unanimity.

I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
have had to deal with in kiddy court.

Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
expression "the proof is in the pudding".

Pepperoni

"John H. Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>
> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
> conduct can be done in unanimity.

I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.

Wizard

Nor does anyone give a ****!

Pepperoni wrote:

> "John H. Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
> >
> > While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
> > work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
> > find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
> > against authority and those more experienced than them and are
> > constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
> > can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
> > scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
> > conduct can be done in unanimity.

> I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
> the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.

Pepperoni

At least we know now who he was in such a snit about, eh?

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nor does anyone give a ****!
>
> Pepperoni wrote:
> > I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't

quote
> > the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking

about.

John H. Power

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:10:07 -0400, "Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"John H. Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>>
>> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
>> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
>> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
>> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
>> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
>> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
>> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
>> conduct can be done in unanimity.

>I suppose you mean "Anonymity". When you start a new thread and don't quote
>the punk, you make it so. We have no idea which punk you're talking about.

unanimity ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yn-nm-t)
n.
The condition of being unanimous.

I stand corrected. I was anticipating the consensus opinion on the
youngster among thinking adults...

Calvin Crumrine

John H. Power wrote:
> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>
> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
> conduct can be done in unanimity.
>
> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
>
> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

One thing I disagree with is your statement that juveniles 'consistently
exhibit characteristics we find in this young boy'. I think you've made
a mistake of reverse logic.

Your statement says that all (or most) juveniles exhibit these
characteristics-which I've found to be untrue. What I *believe* you
meant to say was that all (or most) of those who exhibit these
characteristics are juveniles-which I've found to be true.

So I definitely agree with that you meant to say, but in this one
particular I have to disagree with what you actually did say.

Sorry 'bout that.

John H. Power

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:57:18 -0800, Calvin Crumrine
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John H. Power wrote:
>> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>>
>> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
>> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
>> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
>> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
>> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
>> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
>> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
>> conduct can be done in unanimity.
>>
>> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
>> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
>> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
>> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
>> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
>> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
>>
>> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
>> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
>> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

>One thing I disagree with is your statement that juveniles 'consistently
>exhibit characteristics we find in this young boy'. I think you've made
>a mistake of reverse logic.
>
>Your statement says that all (or most) juveniles exhibit these
>characteristics-which I've found to be untrue. What I *believe* you
>meant to say was that all (or most) of those who exhibit these
>characteristics are juveniles-which I've found to be true.
>
>So I definitely agree with that you meant to say, but in this one
>particular I have to disagree with what you actually did say.
>
>Sorry 'bout that.

Just the juveniles I deal with in kiddy court Calvin, not all
juveniles. And if this youngster has not been there yet I suspect he
will eventually make an appearance.

Michael-NC

He's no youngster.

"John H. Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>
> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
> conduct can be done in unanimity.
>
> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
>
> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

John H. Power

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:40:52 GMT, "Michael-NC"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>He's no youngster.
>
>"John H. Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>>
>> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
>> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
>> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
>> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
>> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
>> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
>> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
>> conduct can be done in unanimity.
>>
>> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
>> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
>> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
>> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
>> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
>> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
>>
>> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
>> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
>> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

Yes, I think he is. Perhaps not chronologically, although I would need
to see proof first hand of that fact (not that I would really want to)
but clearly emotionally. Perhaps 19...

stealthbomber777

Teens are rebellious because adults disrespect them and treat them in
ways they'd never dream of treating fellow adults.
John H. Power <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I am guessing this youngster is 15-16,
>
> While my work generally involves adult defendants, from time to time I
> work with juveniles and they consistently exhibit characteristics we
> find in this young boy. They speak in strings of obscenities, rebel
> against authority and those more experienced than them and are
> constantly argumentative. This is because this is the only way they
> can feel any power since they are otherwise powerless. In the NG
> scenario these character defects are magnified by the fact that these
> conduct can be done in unanimity.
>
> I am guessing this young boy is very unathletic and therefore
> participates in no sports. I suspect he is pimply faced and
> unattractive. I am sure the opposite sex has no interest in him and
> if he is still in school his grades are below average. This would be
> consistent with the observations I have made about the juveniles I
> have had to deal with in kiddy court.
>
> Oh, and one other thing. Their behavior is invariably predictable .
> The youngster will respond to this poll in his usual fashion hence the
> expression "the proof is in the pudding".

select.poll.poll() never blocks birdsong Python 2 02-12-2009 07:14 AM
Re: select.poll.poll() never blocks Jean-Paul Calderone Python 3 02-12-2009 06:09 AM
ghdl poll antonio bergnoli VHDL 12 12-20-2005 03:25 AM
Poll for new mail? William W. Plummer Firefox 1 07-03-2004 06:26 PM
MCSD/MCAD Exam Poll mpopovits MCSD 0 07-16-2003 12:52 PM

Advertisments