Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > No search engine nowhere

No search engine nowhere

florald@bigfoot.com

Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
Diana

Michael-NC

Spyware is likely.

Download Spybot.

http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
> Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
> Diana

ProfGene

Nothing should cause that to happen but try MSN search and Lycos search
which might or might not be Webcrawler search. See if these alternatives
work to find out if for some reason you don't have any means to search but I
really never heard of the search engines being turned off for one computer.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
> Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
> Diana

florald@bigfoot.com

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:20 GMT, "Michael-NC"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Spyware is likely.
>
>Download Spybot.
>
>http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
>
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
>> Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
>> Diana

Thanks to you and the Prof. I will have a look at Spybot. It all came
right after I switched off (no choice really) and then back on again.
Also, lately, I keep being told a page I am looking for is not
available or has errors and ' do I wish to continue etc'.
All very frustrating.
Diana

Stuart

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 19:46:20 GMT, "Michael-NC"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Spyware is likely.
>>
>>Download Spybot.
>>
>>http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
>>
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Just turned on and found I cannot use Google or Yahoo.
>>>Can't search with anything. What causes this to happen?
>>>Diana

> Thanks to you and the Prof. I will have a look at Spybot. It all came
> right after I switched off (no choice really) and then back on again.
> Also, lately, I keep being told a page I am looking for is not
> available or has errors and ' do I wish to continue etc'.
> All very frustrating.
> Diana

Definitely sounds like spyware, also download spywareblaster and bazooka
as well. Spywareblaster will stop further spyware getting onto your
machine, also bazooka can find things that spybot doesn't.

Stuart