Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help Help

Help Help

Saref Aref

G'day every body
My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
Do you want format this disk?"
I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
identify the DVD format disk.
Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
software) Can I find HELP.
Many thanks

Calvin Crumrine

Saref Aref wrote:
> G'day every body
> My external COMBO Drive its duty is CD RW,CD R and
> DVD Rom. It works good except as DVD Rom .
> When I put DVD disk inside it, most of times does not work but sometimes
> works after many efforts when I connect it with computer after Loading
> windows (ME), and never works if connection before loading windows.
> I receive many messages as: "No disks in the drive", "Unknown Format" and "
> Do you want format this disk?"
> I think he became confused by other duties(as CD RW & CD R)and can not
> identify the DVD format disk.
> Is it necessary to add some lines in Autoexec bat file to fix this problem?
> I do not know and NOT experienced as a Programmer. ( I use Power DVD as a
> software) Can I find HELP.
> Many thanks

Have you contacted the manufacturer? It sounds to me like a hardware
problem. One way of checking, since it's an external drive, would be to
connect it to a different PC & see how it works there.

I don't recall whether WinME had built-in support for DVD drives so
there's a possibility that reinstalling PowerDVD might help-but I don't
know for sure. As I said, I don't remember that much about WinME.