Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Boot up message..

Boot up message..

Gabby

At boot up, I'm getting this message:
"General Protection Fault Error, Please delete the file"

I will be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to determine which file,
or what to do to stop the message.

I have reloaded Windows and followed directions in Help - Troubleshooting.
Nothing helped.

(Running Windows 98se)

Thanx

= Wake
Up America =

mark mandel

"Gabby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EUwJc.8771$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> At boot up, I'm getting this message:
> "General Protection Fault Error, Please delete the file"
>
> I will be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to determine which file,
> or what to do to stop the message.
>
> I have reloaded Windows and followed directions in Help - Troubleshooting.
> Nothing helped.
>
> (Running Windows 98se)
>
> Thanx

Did you try typing in "drwatson" after going from Start to Run and typing
that in the box)minus the quotation mark?

This could point to the offending file.

> =

Wake
> Up America =

Jerry G.

This site is geared towards Navigator for this type of fault, but can be
used as a general reference with the information that they are including
here. http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19970702-6.html

The definition given here is very good. This can also be looked at
generically.
http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/...212182,00.html

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Gabby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EUwJc.8771$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
At boot up, I'm getting this message:
"General Protection Fault Error, Please delete the file"

I will be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to determine which file,
or what to do to stop the message.

I have reloaded Windows and followed directions in Help - Troubleshooting.
Nothing helped.

(Running Windows 98se)

Thanx

= Wake