Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2600 router problem

Cisco 2600 router problem

M Baker

We have a 2600 that handles 4 serial wic's and 2 ethernet interfaces.
On the serial interfaces we have ppp conections with routers on the
other side.

The routers can ping each other but the clients on each end can only
ping their own default gateway and cannot find their route out.

The serial interfaces are configured as unnumbered ip and set to
ethernet 0

the two ethernet port connect to a lan switch. Our internet connection
is also on the switch. All conections direct to the switch can access
the internet, but anything going through the router cannot.

Suggestions please

Martin Baker

Ivan

"M Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> We have a 2600 that handles 4 serial wic's and 2 ethernet interfaces.
> On the serial interfaces we have ppp conections with routers on the
> other side.
>
> The routers can ping each other but the clients on each end can only
> ping their own default gateway and cannot find their route out.
>
> The serial interfaces are configured as unnumbered ip and set to
> ethernet 0
>
> the two ethernet port connect to a lan switch. Our internet connection
> is also on the switch. All conections direct to the switch can access
> the internet, but anything going through the router cannot.

It would be much easier to help if you provide 'wr t' output...

Ivan

Brad

Make sure you have default gateways set on the clients (or static routes).
Make sure the remote side knows how to get back to the clients network
(either dynamic or static routing). Let me know if that solves your
problem.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
Network Learning Inc
brad at eccie.com
www.ccbootcamp.com/quicklinks.html (Cisco Training)
www.routerie.com (Cisco R&S CCIE Discussion groups)
www.securityie.com (Cisco Security CCIE Discussion groups)
www.optsys.net (Cisco hardware)

PWR-2600-AC 2600 power supply to switch over a DC router? dehusk@gmail.com Cisco 2 08-09-2008 10:47 PM
Cisco 2600 router problem pinto Cisco 0 11-17-2004 04:27 PM
Cisco 2600 router problem pinto Cisco 0 11-17-2004 04:26 PM
Cisco 2600 router problem pinto Cisco 0 11-17-2004 04:26 PM
Using Cisco 2500 Power supply in 2600 Router Kirill Ponazdyr Cisco 0 02-05-2004 09:07 PM

Advertisments