Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help - Frequency of Computer Rebooting is Increasing

Help - Frequency of Computer Rebooting is Increasing

Infoquest

In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that when trying to do multiple
things on the computer, the frequency of fatal error resulting in a reboot
is increasing. It has occurred when doing completely different things. Is
this a potential sign of a certain piece of hardware going bad? Could it be
something with Windows XP?

I have a Gateway 500XL PC/2.53GHz P4/512MB DDR SDRAM/128MD NVIDIA GeFore4
Ti4200G/Running Windows XP

Duane Arnold

"Infoquest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:88EHc.222976$(E-Mail Removed):

> In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that when trying to do
> multiple things on the computer, the frequency of fatal error
> resulting in a reboot is increasing. It has occurred when doing
> completely different things. Is this a potential sign of a certain
> piece of hardware going bad? Could it be something with Windows XP?
>
> I have a Gateway 500XL PC/2.53GHz P4/512MB DDR SDRAM/128MD NVIDIA
> GeFore4 Ti4200G/Running Windows XP

What are the fatal error and most likely are being logged in the System
or Application event logs and can be viewed with the Event Viewer?

Duane

Infoquest

This is the consistent error I am getting in the event log.

Category: 102

Event ID: 1003

Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
00000000, parameter4 f837d0ff.

> "Infoquest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:88EHc.222976$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed that when trying to do
> > multiple things on the computer, the frequency of fatal error
> > resulting in a reboot is increasing. It has occurred when doing
> > completely different things. Is this a potential sign of a certain
> > piece of hardware going bad? Could it be something with Windows XP?
> >
> > I have a Gateway 500XL PC/2.53GHz P4/512MB DDR SDRAM/128MD NVIDIA
> > GeFore4 Ti4200G/Running Windows XP
> >

> What are the fatal error and most likely are being logged in the System
> or Application event logs and can be viewed with the Event Viewer?
>
> Duane

Duane Arnold

"Infoquest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsnGHc.77695$OB3.27913
@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> This is the consistent error I am getting in the event log.
>
> Category: 102
>
> Event ID: 1003
>
> Error code 000000d1, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 00000002,

parameter3
> 00000000, parameter4 f837d0ff.

It has to be giving some kind of error *Description* for the event.

You should be able to use Google and do a search on Error Category: 102
and match up on Error Code to one of the articles hopefully to get a more
precise explanation of the issue.

Duane

Wizard

Start by going to rightclick on my
computer/properties/advanced/startup&recovery settings/untick
"automatically restart".