Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Recovering formated data!!!

Recovering formated data!!!

Amir

Hi all,

does any one know any recovery software to recover data for a formatted
partition?

thanks for your tips in advance

philo

"Amir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccmiks$amk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> does any one know any recovery software to recover data for a formatted
> partition?
>
> thanks for your tips in advance

Norton utilities has an unformat utility...

if you google around you may find some freeware

HF

It only needs looking for.
"Amir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccmiks$amk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> does any one know any recovery software to recover data for a formatted
> partition?
>
> thanks for your tips in advance

---

Brad Griffis

"Amir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccmiks$amk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> does any one know any recovery software to recover data for a formatted
> partition?
>
> thanks for your tips in advance

Do you know if you did a "quick" format or a "full" format? A quick format
erases the file table but still leaves the actual files intact. A full
format actually wipes the disc clean. If that's what you did then I don't
know if you'll be able to get your files back.

Do not save ANYTHING onto that partition or you may overwrite data. You'll
need software to recover the files off the drive. I once used File
Scavenger and it did the trick:

http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm

It costs $39.95, but if you've got a lot of important stuff to recover it's
well worth it.

Good luck!

Brad

Ardent

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:37:47 GMT, "Brad Griffis"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A full
>format actually wipes the disc clean

Sorry, the standard format program never ever touches the data area.
When using quick format the system area is cleaned up so that it seems
no files are there - but the data is still there.

In the regular format operation the disk/partition is checked for bad
sectors and then the system area is initialized. Again the data is
there.

If the /u option is not used format operation is supposed to keep a
mirror of the system area with the help of which unformat programs can
recover the data.

HTH

--
Sandy Archer
Reply to newsgroup only

For links to Harddisk management freeware
http:/members.tripod.com/~diligent/harddisk.htm