Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Plato the PLAGIARIST - PROOF

Plato the PLAGIARIST - PROOF

Plato the PLAGIARIST

Plato wrote:
> douglas wrote:
>>
>> XP will remember only 400 different folder settings. Any idea how to
>> increase this number please?

> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/115.htm#3

plagiarised, of course...

First the plagiarised question at bootdisk.com

Kevin J. N. writes - Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it
displays icons, I always change it to display details, but next time I go to
that folder, it is back to icons again. I have checked the box to remember
view settings in folder options, but it wont remember my view settings. Can
anyone tell me how to fix this??
Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

***************************************
The plagiarised ORIGINAL question...
***************************************

From: "Kevin J. Nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Subject: explorer doesnt remember view settings, files not alphabetized
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:56:35 GMT

Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it displays icons, I always
change it to display details, but next time I go to that folder, it is back
to icons again. I have checked the box to remember view settings in folder
options, but it wont remember my view settings.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this??

Thank You

Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

Thank You

Kevin Nielsen

And now the plagiarised answer at bootdisk.com
Kelly responds:
Windows remembers 400 folder settings. When that number is reached some
settings aren't retained any longer. You can change this to 8000 by adding
this edit to the registry.

Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and
answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right
clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Re: Plato * Computer Support 6 04-13-2005 04:09 PM
Re: Plato trout Computer Support 1 04-07-2005 11:21 PM
Plato the PLAGIARIST - PROOF Plato the PLAGIARIST Computer Support 0 07-08-2004 03:41 AM
Ping Plato: Floppy can't acceded? Michael-NC Computer Information 13 04-16-2004 04:51 AM
Re: philo & Plato philo Computer Support 1 07-02-2003 12:07 AM

Advertisments