Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Free notepad replacement

Free notepad replacement

Dos-Man

Hello to the members of this newsgroup.

I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
Unicode
support and complete control over your favorites. A commercial version
is available which has more features.

Support Page
http://www.bee.net/prime-time/legacypad.html

Full download
http://www.bee.net/prime-time/legacypadlite.zip

Update download (executable and doc files only)
http://www.bee.net/prime-time/lplexecutable.zip

Thanks for your time!
dos-man
(author)

derek / nul

On 7 Jul 2004 07:09:10 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dos-Man) wrote:

>Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
>
>I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
>This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
>Unicode support

What is missing from the unicode support?

Plato

Dos-Man wrote:

> I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.

I think its pretty cool that folks are still spending time with basic
text editors.

I haven't tried above out yet, but my three favourites thus far are:

http://www.bootdisk.com/mindy/npplus.zip
http://www.bootdisk.com/mindy/mpad35le.zip
http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato the PLAGIARIST

Plato wrote:
> douglas wrote:
>>
>> XP will remember only 400 different folder settings. Any idea how to
>> increase this number please?

> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/115.htm#3

plagiarised, of course...

First the plagiarised question at bootdisk.com

Kevin J. N. writes - Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it
displays icons, I always change it to display details, but next time I go to
that folder, it is back to icons again. I have checked the box to remember
view settings in folder options, but it wont remember my view settings. Can
anyone tell me how to fix this??
Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

***************************************
The plagiarised ORIGINAL question...
***************************************

From: "Kevin J. Nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
Subject: explorer doesnt remember view settings, files not alphabetized
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:56:35 GMT

Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it displays icons, I always
change it to display details, but next time I go to that folder, it is back
to icons again. I have checked the box to remember view settings in folder
options, but it wont remember my view settings.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this??

Thank You

Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

Thank You

Kevin Nielsen

And now the plagiarised answer at bootdisk.com
Kelly responds:
Windows remembers 400 folder settings. When that number is reached some
settings aren't retained any longer. You can change this to 8000 by adding
this edit to the registry.

Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and
answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right
clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

And now the source of the plagiarised answer at bootdisk.com

http://www.mcse.ms/printthread.php?threadid=15377

Windows remembers 400 folder settings. When that number is reached some
settings aren't retained any longer. You can change this to 8000 by adding
this edit to the registry.

Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Ian Moyce

Dos-Man wrote:
>> Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
>>
>> I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
>> This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
>> Unicode
>> support and complete control over your favorites. A commercial
>> version is available which has more features.

Long Live VIM! Free and full.

Dos-Man

derek / nul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 7 Jul 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Dos-Man) wrote:
>
> >Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
> >
> >I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
> >This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
> >Unicode support

> What is missing from the unicode support?

Unicode files are limited to 4 MBs. I may be able to overcome this
eventually.

But what is really missing is the ability to write big-endian Unicode.
It can read this format but not write it. Again, given enough time I may
be able to add this.

dos-man

Spajky

On 7 Jul 2004 21:06:15 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>I haven't tried above out yet, but my three favourites thus far are:
>
>http://www.bootdisk.com/mindy/npplus.zip
>http://www.bootdisk.com/mindy/mpad35le.zip
>http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

mine: win32pad (15kb)