Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Which is faster, P3 500 or Celeron 733?

Which is faster, P3 500 or Celeron 733?

Vito Cavallo

I have both and need to get rid of one.

The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular ATA.

The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.

Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of RAM?

Thanx

Boomer

Vito Cavallo wrote:
> I have both and need to get rid of one.
>
> The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular
> ATA.
>
> The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.
>
> Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of
> RAM?

Why not run some ****ing bemchmarks, you dumb ****?

Vito Cavallo

What is "some f**king bemchmarks, you dumb c**t?"

Is this an application?

If so, where do I get it?

Version tracker or ZDNET?

On 7/7/04 9:02 AM, in article
Nfz5uavEKOTu33FCCBF1zfA9Ht9QAM6W@aut...f eernewz.net, "Boomer"

Vito Cavallo wrote:
> Duly noted.
>
> I was showing some maturity.

Why do you feel the need to write that? Are you trying to get attention?

> I don't need to use profane language to get
> attention.

What do you do, besides set yourself on an undeserved and self-serving
maturity pedestal that is?

RJ

And you are what?

news:(E-Mail Removed). readfeernewz.net...
> Vito Cavallo wrote:
> > Duly noted.
> >
> > I was showing some maturity.

> Why do you feel the need to write that? Are you trying to get

attention?

> > I don't need to use profane language to get
> > attention.

> What do you do, besides set yourself on an undeserved and self-serving
> maturity pedestal that is?

Vito Cavallo

Yes, I guess I do need to write that. Ironic, isn't it.

A response informing you that I will not respond, is actually a response.
The same goes for getting attention.

What do I do? Well, I know what I don't do.
I don't spend all day responding to newsgroups using 7th grade vulgarity.
If you are going to be obnoxious, please, use a larger lexicon. Do you
write rap music?

Am I giving you the desired response? You seem to fish for a response from
every posting. Don't bother firing back a response. I am not interested in
a war.

Besides, battling you is like winning the Special Olympics. You may win,
but you are still a retard.

On 7/7/04 12:55 PM, in article
w3yqvFFa5RpUC9BC2B91jBq9upo7wQv7@aut...f eernewz.net, "Boomer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Vito Cavallo wrote:
>> Duly noted.
>>
>> I was showing some maturity.

> Why do you feel the need to write that? Are you trying to get attention?
>
>> I don't need to use profane language to get
>> attention.

> What do you do, besides set yourself on an undeserved and self-serving
> maturity pedestal that is?

philo

"Vito Cavallo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BD116AFB.132F5%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have both and need to get rid of one.
>
> The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular ATA.
>
> The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.
>
> Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of RAM?
>

> Thanx

the P3 has a larger internal cache,
so may actually give better performance...
but it depends on the task of course

Plato

Vito Cavallo wrote:

> I have both and need to get rid of one.
> The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular ATA.
> The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.
> Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of RAM?

Hard question really. Of course the 733 CPU can process data faster, but
its a compaq and just might have a real slow hard drive. The noise may
just be dirty fans or just one dirty fan. I suppose if somebody were to
just give me a pc, I'd want the homebuilt as it's much easier to fix, in
theory. ps if you put in a 7,200 HDD in the homebuilt it'd run faster
than the 733 easy.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ed Jablonowski

Plato wrote:
> Vito Cavallo wrote:
>>
>> I have both and need to get rid of one.
>> The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular
>> ATA. The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.
>> Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of
>> RAM?

> Hard question really.

Yeah, you haven't plagiarised anything like that before.

Spajky

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:55:23 -0400, Vito Cavallo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have both and need to get rid of one.
>
>The P3 -500 is a home built unit with 3 ram slots, I think regular ATA.
>
>The C733 is a Compaq, 100 ata and noisy.
>
>Which is the more powerful unit if they both have the same amout of RAM?

Get a PCmark2002 & bench both ...
--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##