Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Computer starts for no reason help?

Computer starts for no reason help?

Tasslehoff

Hi everyone, I've got a problem with a new computer I built for my sis which
will start up for no apparent reason after about 10 minutes when switched
off. Is there any way to stop this from happening. I'm almost certain I
have no programs wake the computer to do tasks except for the disk
defragmenter which is only set to run for an hour on Sunday nights. Is it
possible I put the power button/reset switch pins on the wrong way on the
motherboard? I ran it in for three days before she picked it up and
switched it off the final night without any problems. I'm a bit stumped.

GA-8IPE1000 Pro 2
P4 2.8E 800fsb
2x256 Samsung DDR 3,3,3,8
Sapphire 128MB 9600SE DVI,TV