Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Strange sound from HDD

Strange sound from HDD

anna keynow

I've just had a new 80gig HDD put in. It's running well but, after it
has been going for a few hours, whenever the hard drive is accessed, I
get a sound similar to the noise one hears when fingernails are
dragged over some wood.
I've had the thing in for less than a fortnight and it was put in by a
professional. I know they'll not give me any problems about this when
I contact them but I was just looking for an opinion from some of you.
Cheers,
-+Anna+-
PS: It was really noticeable when AVG was doing its scheduled scan,
which makes sense, but just thought I'd mention it.