Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Supanet ISP connection

Supanet ISP connection

Gra

A friend has just purchased a Tiny PC which comes with Supanet as it`s
default ISP, he wanted to change to BT Yahoo and has registered and
downloaded the software. When we disconnected from Supanet and attempted to
connect to the new BT account the message connection stopped by remote
computer kept appearing and would not let us connect. The Supanet connection
works fine. Has anybody got any ideas please is there something in the
supanet package which prevents using another ISP.
Any help greatly appreciated..

HF

It is normal to have multiple ISP if you want and select from a drop down
menu. Go into Dial up Networking in Control Panel and remove Supanet if you
are not going to use that connection.There will be no harm done by removing
it since all you need to connect to the Internet is an ISP and there are
plenty of those. Just remove Supanet.

"Gra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccc4nt$kqr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A friend has just purchased a Tiny PC which comes with Supanet as it`s
> default ISP, he wanted to change to BT Yahoo and has registered and
> downloaded the software. When we disconnected from Supanet and attempted

> connect to the new BT account the message connection stopped by remote
> computer kept appearing and would not let us connect. The Supanet

connection
> works fine. Has anybody got any ideas please is there something in the
> supanet package which prevents using another ISP.
> Any help greatly appreciated..

---

Global_Killa

"Gra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ccc4nt$kqr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> A friend has just purchased a Tiny PC which comes with Supanet as it`s
> default ISP, he wanted to change to BT Yahoo and has registered and
> downloaded the software. When we disconnected from Supanet and attempted

> connect to the new BT account the message connection stopped by remote
> computer kept appearing and would not let us connect. The Supanet

connection
> works fine. Has anybody got any ideas please is there something in the
> supanet package which prevents using another ISP.
> Any help greatly appreciated..

Check that the Username and Password are correct. Contact BT to confirm that
they correct.
Does it dail-up to BT servers? It sounds like BT servers are rejecting your
connection, in which case contact BT and sort out the problem.

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk

Supanet newsreader in UK oldgit Computer Support 6 07-18-2006 10:29 PM
Supanet 1MB service problems LR Computer Support 0 12-31-2004 11:35 PM
Supanet Derek F. Computer Information 4 09-25-2004 12:45 PM
Tiny & Supanet! Cleb Computer Support 4 09-12-2004 08:42 PM
Supanet registration Richard Computer Support 1 01-05-2004 07:56 PM

Advertisments