Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Repartition Hdd Without Formatting?

Repartition Hdd Without Formatting?

JTJersey

I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself into 2
drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD three times
and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive for some
reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and an 18Gb "D"
partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd really rather
have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the
primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
without losing my operating system?

Pen

Partition Magic will do that and is easy to use costs though.

Ranish is free, but I'm told not as friendly.
http://www.ranish.com/part/
Here's Paragon I know nothing about it.

"JTJersey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Tr0Gc.30745$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned

itself into 2
> drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD

three times
> and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive

for some
> reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and

an 18Gb "D"
> partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd

really rather
> have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than

2Gb as the
> primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition

this drive
> without losing my operating system?

bambam

JTJersey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Tr0Gc.30745$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself
> into 2 drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery
> CD three times and it's the only way it will let me install this
> hard drive for some reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb
> partition as "C" and an 18Gb "D" partition, which is kind of
> annoying. It works fine, but I'd really rather have a single 20 Gb
> partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the primary
> partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
> without losing my operating system?

Partition Resizer

http://zeleps.com/

Excellent freeware program.

--
Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

Trent©

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:33:47 -0400, JTJersey
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself into 2
>drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD three times
>and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive for some
>reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and an 18Gb "D"
>partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd really rather
>have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than 2Gb as the
>primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can repartition this drive
>without losing my operating system?

Get either Partition Magic or BootItNG...and follow the bouncing ball.
Delete the D partition and resize the C partition.

Hope ya'll have a nice 4th of July weekend...

Trent©

Trent©, the sullied, specking dung ball

Trent© wrote:

> Hope ya'll have a nice 4th of July weekend...

I hope you have a ****ing rotten one, you yanKKK ****. In fact, I hope you
drop dead. Horribly.

JTJersey

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:33:47 -0400, JTJersey wrote:

> I'm stuck with a new 20Gb Hdd on a laptop that partitioned itself into 2
> drives when I ran the recovery CD. I've run the recovery CD three times
> and it's the only way it will let me install this hard drive for some
> reason. So now I've got Win98SE on a 2Gb partition as "C" and an 18Gb
> "D" partition, which is kind of annoying. It works fine, but I'd really
> rather have a single 20 Gb partition or at least something larger than
> 2Gb as the primary partition. Does anyone know of a way I can
> repartition this drive without losing my operating system?

Thanks all for your responses, but nothing would let me grow that 2GB
partition or let me make a single 20GB partition. Got so frustrated I
called it quits and loaded Mandrake/Linux 10 on it. This is just a play
thing for experimenting with and I really appreciate everyones input.

Geoh 37

Upgrade to Xp for $84 plus tax.

Or live with it.

I have a lot of music and photos on my PC and only use 6gb of the 40gb
available..

My 10gb drive on my Laptop has 6gb unused.

Use CD's for storage 800mb each for about a dime.

http://community-2.webtv.net/Geo_H/RecentPictures/