Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CwShedder,Spybot,Adaware

Reply
Thread Tools

CwShedder,Spybot,Adaware

 
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of junk
but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some sort. I
think Spybot. Now the adware that is left is not that bad, only one or two
popups everytime I use the computer. I can live with that although I would
rather not.
What one of these is doing though that is annoying the **** out of me is
disabling my Quick launch bar. Now This I can not live with. Any idea which
of these programs is doing this?

Joe


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DeMoN LaG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I
> think Spybot.


Spybot, ad aware, and CW shredder have never contained any form of spyware.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I get when
I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click Here
www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this. It seems to me Spybot
admits they install Adware.

Joe


"DeMoN LaG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns951BDF50A3D14Wobbly@208.42.66.156...
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I
> > think Spybot.

>
> Spybot, ad aware, and CW shredder have never contained any form of

spyware.
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: (E-Mail Removed)



 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of

junk
> but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some sort.

I
> think Spybot. Now the adware that is left is not that bad, only one or two
> popups everytime I use the computer. I can live with that although I would
> rather not.


Spybot doesn't install Spyware. It does however, have a resident spyware
detection and prevention program that can be enabled, or disabled, in
addition to it's immunizer feature. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe, the spouting, amercing harridan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
Joe wrote:
> Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I
> get when I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click
> Here www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this.


BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LEarn to ****ing read, you dumb ****.

BWAHAHAHA!!! Of all the gormless ****s on the planet, you're king ****.

"If you remove advertisements products with THIS program, you may not be
allowed to continue using THEIR [products] ... "

This, their. Their, this. This, their? Still with it, cuntfungus for brains?




 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages I
am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.

Joe



"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of

> junk
> > but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some

sort.
> I
> > think Spybot. Now the adware that is left is not that bad, only one or

two
> > popups everytime I use the computer. I can live with that although I

would
> > rather not.

>
> Spybot doesn't install Spyware. It does however, have a resident spyware
> detection and prevention program that can be enabled, or disabled, in
> addition to it's immunizer feature. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Thor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004

"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages

I
> am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
> to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.


No, you are misreading what it is telling you Joe. The first warning box is
merely informing you that if you remove spyware and adware from your
computer, some programs that came bundled with that spyware or adware
attached may no longer function. For example, Dialup Accelerator Pro comes
with ad support. Spybot will detect that as adware, and offer to remove the
adware. It is pre-warning you that in doing so, Dialup Accelerator Pro may
no longer function when it's adware component has been removed by Spybot.
It's not referring to the presence of any spyware installed by Spybot. There
is no adware or spyware installed with Spybot.

Now, onto the second message. Spybot is telling you that you presently have
Lavasoft's ADAWARE program installed (notice the extra "A" in there, because
it's referring to the spyware removal program called AdAware, not "ADWARE".
The reason this warning appears, is because if you have AdAware set up to
scan within archive files (zipfile, etc) it may erroneously detect Spybot's
backup files. Spybot creates archived backups of everything it removes so in
the event of trouble, it can easily be restored. These backups can also be
purged from the system by using the appropriate controls in the program. Ad
Aware may detect these an think they are spyware when they have been already
quarantined by Spybot. So there is nothing to worry about here Joe. You can
rest easy.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Fred
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
Joe wrote:
> Click on this link www.joefoster.com to my home page and read the messages

I
> am getting ( I made screen shots and put them there) from Spybot. It seems
> to say quite clearly that it is installing Adware.


Dear Joe,
You are obviously too stupid to own a computer.
Please pack it up in it's box and return it immediately.
Take up reading books or watching television instead.
HTH



>
> Joe
>
>
>
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I installed and ran all of these yesterday and they cleaned up a lot of

junk
>>> but one of them actually appears to have installed an adware of some

sort. I
>>> think Spybot. Now the adware that is left is not that bad, only one or

two
>>> popups everytime I use the computer. I can live with that although I

would
>>> rather not.

>>
>> Spybot doesn't install Spyware. It does however, have a resident spyware
>> detection and prevention program that can be enabled, or disabled, in
>> addition to it's immunizer feature. Perhaps that is what you are seeing.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Global_Killa
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2004
"Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok Since you think I am wrong I made screen shots of the messages I get

when
> I open Spybot and put them on my personal home page. Click Here
> www.joefoster.com look at them and explain this. It seems to me Spybot
> admits they install Adware.
>
> Joe


Read what the messages are telling you again. It is clear that it is telling
you that the Ad-Aware folder might contain spyware/adware if you have
choosen to backup the files that Ad-Aware removes from your computer. These
are not installed on your computer, only a backup and can be safely deleted.

Some programs such as DAP 7 and Kazaa need spyware/adware to run. If you
remove the spyware/adware they contain the programs will not work. This is
because they check that you haven't removed them before loading, or require
a spyware/adware file to run.

You need to pay more attention to what your reading.

--
Global_Killa
"You're a victim of the rules you live by!"

http://punkthenation.tk


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments