Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Logic Units Assignation

Logic Units Assignation

Mark Renton

Well, let me explain the problem: i have 2 phisical hard disks, i did
split the slave one in two partitions: 4840 Mb and 10700 Mb because i
wanted to reinstall windows in the 4838 one. I did it but i couldn't
install microsoft **** due to a problem that the installer program
said it couldn't read from the last cluster of the unit, even if when
i ran scandisk no problems merged...
then i restricted the damaged portion to exclude the "damaged"
cluster, so i have now a 4839 Mb and 10700 Mb parts, the smaller which
is empty and the other with old data (very important data!!), and i
assigned this big portion to logic units with Fdisk
Then i procedeed with the installation of windows in the 4039 part
without any problem, but now the 10700 results unreadable and not
existing for windows and dos, i can see it only from Fdisk, but i
can't access, and if i see details, in the Unit Label is written
*remote*, so i thought that removing the logic units from the portion
was a good idea, but when i try it with Fdisk, it warns me that all
contents of the LOGIC UNIT will be deleted, in effects it doesn't say
that the disk will be deleted.....anyway, is there a way to access the
portion to make a backup and later try to remove the logic unit or can
i remove it without any problems of data loss???

I REALLY NEED HELP
THANKYOU ANYWAY
Mark

Trent©

Mark Renton wrote:
> Well, let me explain the problem: i have 2 phisical hard disks, i did
> split the slave one in two partitions

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pen

did you ever format the 10700 MB part?

"Mark Renton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Well, let me explain the problem: i have 2 phisical hard disks,

i did
> split the slave one in two partitions: 4840 Mb and 10700 Mb

because i
> wanted to reinstall windows in the 4838 one. I did it but i

couldn't
> install microsoft **** due to a problem that the installer

program
> said it couldn't read from the last cluster of the unit, even

if when
> i ran scandisk no problems merged...
> then i restricted the damaged portion to exclude the "damaged"
> cluster, so i have now a 4839 Mb and 10700 Mb parts, the

smaller which
> is empty and the other with old data (very important data!!),

and i
> assigned this big portion to logic units with Fdisk
> Then i procedeed with the installation of windows in the 4039

part
> without any problem, but now the 10700 results unreadable and

not
> existing for windows and dos, i can see it only from Fdisk, but

> can't access, and if i see details, in the Unit Label is

written
> *remote*, so i thought that removing the logic units from the

portion
> was a good idea, but when i try it with Fdisk, it warns me that

all
> contents of the LOGIC UNIT will be deleted, in effects it

doesn't say
> that the disk will be deleted.....anyway, is there a way to

access the
> portion to make a backup and later try to remove the logic unit

or can
> i remove it without any problems of data loss???
>
> I REALLY NEED HELP
> THANKYOU ANYWAY
> Mark

Mark Renton

"Pen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> did you ever format the 10700 MB part?

no, and i can't, cos it contains very important data i have to keep,
THIS is the problem!!! and the fact that anyway i can't access the
part except with Fdisk, so i can't backup and i can only remove the
logic unit, so the question IS: if i remove the logic unit (which i
made when my important data were ALREADY saved on that part), will the
data be lost???

Pen

I really don't understand what you did. However, I
think you split the drive into 2 partitions with FDisk?
If so then the data is gone and has been ever since you did that.
Now there are tools to try and recover the data and perhaps
someone else can suggest some more, here's one I found.
http://www.uneraser.com/

"Mark Renton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Pen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > did you ever format the 10700 MB part?
> >

> no, and i can't, cos it contains very important data i have to keep,
> THIS is the problem!!! and the fact that anyway i can't access the
> part except with Fdisk, so i can't backup and i can only remove the
> logic unit, so the question IS: if i remove the logic unit (which i
> made when my important data were ALREADY saved on that part), will the
> data be lost???

vhdl hexa assignation Julien Lochen VHDL 0 12-05-2008 04:09 PM
double assignation in a hash nico Itkin Ruby 6 06-09-2008 12:15 PM
Controlling assignation =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Xavier_D=E9coret?= Python 14 06-26-2005 08:57 PM
Vlan assignation by Radius Jean Cisco 1 06-12-2004 07:06 PM
Union type variable assignation --- in expression, in function argues Denis Pithon C Programming 10 02-08-2004 03:26 AM

Advertisments