Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Barring Premium nos???

Barring Premium nos???

Amir

Hello everyone,

I would like to bar the premium nos which dialler can dial out.

I want to know whether my isp should do it or the telephone company?

I appreciate for your replies inadvance.

HF

Telephone company of course.It has nothing to do with your ISP Read your
phone book.
"Amir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cc60kv$shg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to bar the premium nos which dialler can dial out.
>
> I want to know whether my isp should do it or the telephone company?
>
> I appreciate for your replies inadvance.

---

Pepperoni

It sounds like you have a malware dialer. Those things will run your bill
up hundreds of dollars. You should remove the darned thing. Switch your
phone service to "no long distance/ no third party calls" immediately.(have
them check your bill and block those calls, if possible) Run your anti
virus , ad aware, and anything else you can think of. You are probably
calling Vanuaatu (or some other strange place) for about $9.99 per minute
every time you start your computer.

Your phone company will bill you for them unless you complain LOUDLY.

Stay off the porn sites, that's where you get those things. Some are also
hidden in pop-up windows.

Pepperoni