Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > how to change IE, as it's infescted.

how to change IE, as it's infescted.

fredcromer

How do i go about getting rid of the current IE, as it has a 123mania hijack
on it, if i deleted/uninstalled it, how would i go to the microsoft updates
to get another, what is the correcvt way of swapping, and do you think this
would do any good ???
FRED

Lloyd Jones

What Anti Spyware progs have you got?

LJ

The Prophecy

fredcromer wrote:
> How do i go about getting rid of the current IE, as it has a 123mania
> hijack on it, if i deleted/uninstalled it, how would i go to the
> microsoft updates to get another, what is the correcvt way of
> swapping, and do you think this would do any good ???
> FRED

Use these spyware scanners.

--
Download, update and use the following:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

Spy Sweeper
http://www.webroot.com

Plato

fredcromer wrote:

> How do i go about getting rid of the current IE, as it has a 123mania hijack
> on it, if i deleted/uninstalled it, how would i go to the microsoft updates
> to get another, what is the correcvt way of swapping, and do you think this

In a way I'm glad now that IE has so much of the market as IE is such a
target for the nasty boys as well as the national dialups that modifiy
it. The IE on my main pc is now just a garbage can.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

HonestJohn

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:40e5a650$0$37192$(E-Mail Removed)...
> fredcromer wrote:
> >
> > How do i go about getting rid of the current IE, as it has a

123mania hijack
> > on it, if i deleted/uninstalled it, how would i go to the

microsoft updates
> > to get another, what is the correcvt way of swapping, and do

you think this

> In a way I'm glad now that IE has so much of the market as IE is

such a
> target for the nasty boys as well as the national dialups that

modifiy
> it. The IE on my main pc is now just a garbage can.

IE has its faults but it is as secure as could reasonably be
expected. Unfortunately Microsoft is
a target for those determined to exploit loopholes in features
that were
meant to be helpful to users.

Plato

HonestJohn wrote:

> IE has its faults but it is as secure as could reasonably be
> expected. Unfortunately Microsoft is
> a target for those determined to exploit loopholes in features
> that were
> meant to be helpful to users.

Of course you're right. Any browser that had such a large market share
would suffer the same "problems".

Lloyd Jones

So what browser do you use Plato?

I'm thinking about getting Longhorn, anyone know if that's any good?

LJ

Plato

Lloyd Jones wrote:

> So what browser do you use Plato?

I use 4 different ones. I dont have a preference as the #1 best.

Lloyd Jones

And one of them would be...

And don't say Netscape! - I have major issues with that.

LJ

Jim Berwick

"HonestJohn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:tThFc.2158
$(E-Mail Removed):

> IE has its faults but it is as secure as could reasonably be
> expected. Unfortunately Microsoft is

Considering Netscape (even when it was popular and used by > 50% of the
internet citizens) and Opera have never had this many severe holes, I can't
see how you can truly believe that statement. I have /never/ talked to a
Netscape user that had spyware hijack their browser to the point it was
unusable (or even at all, for that matter).