Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > More on video files!

More on video files!

Gary Andrew

So I have been trying to play the movie, "Ghost in the Shell", but
quicktime won't play this 700mb MOV file. It says that it doesn't have the
right software, and that the correct software is not for download from the
quicktime server. Are there any codec that could help my play this file, or
any codecs in general that don't come with windows that I should download?
I already have DivX. I think this movie might be using something called
3ivX or something, but the only download I saw was a trial. Somebody help I
like this movie a lot and would like to add it to my collection.

Also if anyone wants download some of my files, just let my know via
E-mail ((E-Mail Removed))

-Gary Andrew

Jim Berwick

"Gary Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> I already have DivX. I think this movie might be using something
> called 3ivX or something, but the only download I saw was a trial.
> Somebody help I like this movie a lot and would like to add it to my
> collection.

It is probably Xvid (a clever reversal of divx). Try playing it with
Windows Media Player instead of Quicktime. Also google for the "kazaa
codec pack" which has just about every codec you will need.

Timothy Burke

Jim Berwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns951A5451B8BDjimbsnipnet@207.103.26.26>...
> "Gary Andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
> > I already have DivX. I think this movie might be using something
> > called 3ivX or something, but the only download I saw was a trial.
> > Somebody help I like this movie a lot and would like to add it to my
> > collection.
> >

> It is probably Xvid (a clever reversal of divx). Try playing it with
> Windows Media Player instead of Quicktime. Also google for the "kazaa
> codec pack" which has just about every codec you will need.

ya try that