Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Combination Trackball & Standard Mouse Available?

Combination Trackball & Standard Mouse Available?

Steve Thomas

Does anyone know if there has been a mouse manufactured that can
operate as both a conventional mouse but also has trackball
capability?

I prefer to use a regular mouse when I'm really working on something,
but my wrist gets sore and I would like to be able to use a trackball
when I'm just surfing or reading e-mail.

I've tried searching for one online, but had no luck.

Thanks!

Steve

Jerry G.

Your solution would be to connect 2 mice to the computer at the same time.
If they are of the same manufacture, the driver should work. You would not
be able to use 2 at the same time, that use different drivers.

I have used 2 MS mice together. I run one through the PS2 port, and the
other on a USB. They work very well.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"Steve Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
Does anyone know if there has been a mouse manufactured that can
operate as both a conventional mouse but also has trackball
capability?

I prefer to use a regular mouse when I'm really working on something,
but my wrist gets sore and I would like to be able to use a trackball
when I'm just surfing or reading e-mail.

I've tried searching for one online, but had no luck.

Thanks!

Steve

Oldus Fartus

Steve Thomas wrote:
> Does anyone know if there has been a mouse manufactured that can
> operate as both a conventional mouse but also has trackball
> capability?
>
> I prefer to use a regular mouse when I'm really working on something,
> but my wrist gets sore and I would like to be able to use a trackball
> when I'm just surfing or reading e-mail.
>
> I've tried searching for one online, but had no luck.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

I have seen a couple of combo units - one which comes to mind is the
Targus from http://www.targus.com/us/product_det...p?sku=PAUM008U
I seem to recall either Logitech or Genius having combined units also.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus