Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD Burner disappeared

CD Burner disappeared

T. McRae

Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
get it back? Thanks...

Lloyd Jones

What make is it? You may have to download the ATAPI drivers for it.

LJ

Lloyd Jones

Or the laser might have burned out like my bugger did, I only had the thing
2 months!

LJ

Thor

Check your hard disk controllers in the device manager. Chances are that one
or more is flagged with a problem.

"T. McRae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
> the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
> I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
> get it back? Thanks...

mark mandel

"T. McRae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
> the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
> I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
> get it back? Thanks...

Is this for Win 98 or ME?

If so check out http://support.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;189526

Mark Mandell

Plato

Lloyd Jones wrote:

> Or the laser might have burned out like my bugger did, I only had the thing
> 2 months!

Well, his drive _may_ be bad however since it shows up at post it should
still show up in windows even if it is bad.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Plato

Thor wrote:

> Check your hard disk controllers in the device manager. Chances are that one
> or more is flagged with a problem.

I agree. A boot sector virus may cause that as well as a noide key in
the registry. One can search for a noide key using regedit and delete
the key(s) if found. It wont do any harm. It can only do good.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Trent©

On 23 Jun 2004 06:40:15 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (T. McRae)
wrote:

>Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
>the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
>I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
>get it back? Thanks...

What operating system?

Are you running TweakUI?

Have a nice week...