Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best Program 2 display 'My Pictures'????

Best Program 2 display 'My Pictures'????

fredcromer

As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to display
a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the
pictures below each other, I want to place them all side by side, and in
rows, to create a BACKGROUND to use as my Desktop background.....Which is
the best Program to use to do this, and re-size the pictures so they all
fit??? Hope someone can help out here, All the Best.....FRED C
(BTW),most of 'My Pictures' are downloaded single pictures, (JPEG), and also
scanned photos that are saved in JPEG format........CHEERS....Fred C

Global_Killa

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40d2fc05$(E-Mail Removed)...
> As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to

display
> a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the
> pictures below each other, I want to place them all side by side, and in
> rows, to create a BACKGROUND to use as my Desktop background.....Which is
> the best Program to use to do this, and re-size the pictures so they all
> fit??? Hope someone can help out here, All the Best.....FRED C
> (BTW),most of 'My Pictures' are downloaded single pictures, (JPEG), and

also
> scanned photos that are saved in JPEG format........CHEERS....Fred C

If you are creating wallpaper, you can't use Microsoft Word. You need a
graphics program like Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Might require a
little learning, but its worth it =)

If you want the cheap way, try using Paint.

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk

Kenny

Irfanview is good and it's free. Make sure you get all the plugins as well
http://www.irfanview.com/

--

Kenny

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40d2fc05$(E-Mail Removed)...
> As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to

display
> a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the
> pictures below each other, I want to place them all side by side, and in
> rows, to create a BACKGROUND to use as my Desktop background.....Which is
> the best Program to use to do this, and re-size the pictures so they all
> fit??? Hope someone can help out here, All the Best.....FRED C
> (BTW),most of 'My Pictures' are downloaded single pictures, (JPEG), and

also
> scanned photos that are saved in JPEG format........CHEERS....Fred C

Plato

fredcromer wrote:

> As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to display
> a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the

I like Irfanview. Free.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

K.Soza

I've used irfanview but find it hard to fill a page(a4) with different pics
of different sizes.....Can all the pics be rew-sized to say,...200x200
pixels, therefore allowing 5 rows of 5 pictures ?? and what are the menu
commands i should be using please, this will be gratefully
acknowledged.....Keysa.Soza

Lloyd Jones

Paint Shop Pro 8 is a good prog, but that will set you back a few , and
Adobe Photo Shop.

LJ

Stuart

Lloyd Jones wrote:
> Paint Shop Pro 8 is a good prog, but that will set you back a few , and
> Adobe Photo Shop.
>
> LJ

PSP 5 has been on computer mag coverdiscs, could be worth taking a look
at some of the current issues.

Stuart