Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Asterisk @ Home ... Sound file on answer...

Re: Asterisk @ Home ... Sound file on answer...

JC

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:55:13 +0100, Sean
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would like on asterisk @ home to have a sound file of my choice played
>to me when i pick up calls from different trunks... For example when i
>pickup a call coming in on trunk 1, i would like "trunk 1" to be said
>when i pickup the phone.

Duno about @home, but on the standard Asterisk you can use the 'A'
option in the dial command to play any file to the person called on
answer, while the caller still hears ringing.

Rgds
Jonathan

Sean

Thank you very much!!! Have that working now

Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script

paul123

Sean wrote:
> Thank you very much!!! Have that working now
>
> Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
> can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script

Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
group.

paul123

paul123 wrote:
> Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
> option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
> group.

Just thought, this is in freepbx.... I don't think AMP has that option.

Jono

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e9r0kl$1d7$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Thank you very much!!! Have that working now
>
> Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it can
> play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script

Surely that's a queue you want?

You could even use an IVR.

Sean

Yep, on A@H you cannot have announcement set on ring group..

for what i am doing

I'm happy with it is now!

So it's all ok

Asterisk Sound Files - Help need. Matthew UK VOIP 6 11-11-2006 10:56 AM
Asterisk Sound Files Matt UK VOIP 15 12-27-2005 09:29 PM
NEWBIE HELP asterisk@home + Broadvoice setup estropelic VOIP 1 07-14-2005 10:08 AM
How to amplifi the sound of a low sound recorded wav file ? OCZ Guy DVD Video 4 07-03-2004 07:20 AM
Asterisk with X-ten terrible sound quality on an in-house network? Chip G VOIP 8 09-06-2003 03:37 PM

Advertisments