Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re;Password!!?

Re;Password!!?

Picker

Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
(may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
version!

ady

"Picker" <patriciabaylis@marches"light".fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:capve2$a48$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
> (may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
> version!

Not at all

Global_Killa

"Picker" <patriciabaylis@marches"light".fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:capve2$a48$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the info - if i was to remove the battery, would this mean i
> (may) need to reload the o/s? I don't fancy that - as it's the oem crap
> version!

No, everything will still be there. Your date and time will be reset though,
and possibly any settings in the BIOS.

You might have to take the battery out for about a minute for the BIOS
settings to reset, not only a few seconds.

Happened to me yesterday, unplugged the power and took off the case. When I
plugged everything back in and turned the power on, it came up telling me
that the battery had gone and when Windows booted the date and time where
reset.

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk