Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > OE with Popfile problems

OE with Popfile problems

John

Hello.

When I try send messages using OE the username and password screen
keeps popping up. The details are correct so I click okay, but it
keeps popping up again and again and wont let me send.

Anyone know what's up?

I have Popfile so I receive via 127.0.0.1, but sending is the same as
it always has been via SMTP.

Thanks for any help

John

Thor

what happens when you disable popfile, and put your normal POP3 server name
in there?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> When I try send messages using OE the username and password screen
> keeps popping up. The details are correct so I click okay, but it
> keeps popping up again and again and wont let me send.
>
> Anyone know what's up?
>
> I have Popfile so I receive via 127.0.0.1, but sending is the same as
> it always has been via SMTP.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> John

John

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:03:14 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>what happens when you disable popfile, and put your normal POP3 server name
>in there?

It works fine like this.

John

Thor

make sure popfile is actually running then. You should have the task
"wperl.exe" running and the popfile icon should be in your system tray. If
it's running, and the default configuration is used, it should be working
fine.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:03:14 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >what happens when you disable popfile, and put your normal POP3 server

name
> >in there?

> It works fine like this.
>
> John

John

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:55:26 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>make sure popfile is actually running then. You should have the task
>"wperl.exe" running and the popfile icon should be in your system tray. If
>it's running, and the default configuration is used, it should be working
>fine.

Thor.

I have the popfile icon, and in processes popfileb.exe is listed as
running, but I don't see wperl.exe anywhere.

John

Thor

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:55:26 -0400, "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >make sure popfile is actually running then. You should have the task
> >"wperl.exe" running and the popfile icon should be in your system tray.

If
> >it's running, and the default configuration is used, it should be working
> >fine.

> Thor.
>
> I have the popfile icon, and in processes popfileb.exe is listed as
> running, but I don't see wperl.exe anywhere.

hmm. Perhaps they have changed the name of the executable then. You may have
a newer version than I do. I have version .19.0., and the executable is
wperl.exe on mine. Perhaps you should check the popfile message forums for a
possible answer to your trouble.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=63137

Saving the web, charset problems and symbols problems Sak Na rede Ruby 0 01-30-2009 05:05 AM
Problems, problems for newbie Shelly ASP .Net 1 09-03-2007 02:10 AM
Problems compiling simple C++ code (also problems with std::string) Susan Baker C++ 2 06-26-2005 01:43 AM
PopFile Q: John Computer Information 2 01-20-2004 03:22 PM
Re: sound problems and modem problems Harold Potter Computer Support 5 12-04-2003 04:12 PM

Advertisments