Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows Files

Windows Files

Saref Aref

Hello every body
I want to know the functions,and structures of specific files in Windows,
such as : File allocation table (FAT),
Batch files,, Registry files, CAB files,.....etc.
Please who can tell me a name of book or any source
that I can read.
Thanks.
Saref

Duane Arnold

"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40cd2785
@news.alphalink.com.au:

> Hello every body
> I want to know the functions,and structures of specific files in

Windows,
> such as : File allocation table (FAT),
> Batch files,, Registry files, CAB files,.....etc.
> Please who can tell me a name of book or any source
> that I can read.
> Thanks.
> Saref

Based on the Windows O/S workstation or server, there should be a
Resource Kit Book, like Windows XP Professional Resource Kit book. The
books will explain it all.

Duane

soxtsq

Or maybe you can find it in the glossary of Windows Help?

news:Xns9508B7446869notmenotmecoml@204.127.204.17. ..
> "Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40cd2785
> @news.alphalink.com.au:
>
> > Hello every body
> > I want to know the functions,and structures of specific files in

> Windows,
> > such as : File allocation table (FAT),
> > Batch files,, Registry files, CAB files,.....etc.
> > Please who can tell me a name of book or any source
> > that I can read.
> > Thanks.
> > Saref
> >

> Based on the Windows O/S workstation or server, there should be a
> Resource Kit Book, like Windows XP Professional Resource Kit book. The
> books will explain it all.
>
> Duane

Duane Arnold

"soxtsq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Or maybe you can find it in the glossary of Windows Help?
>
> "Duane Arnold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9508B7446869notmenotmecoml@204.127.204.17. ..
>> "Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40cd2785
>> @news.alphalink.com.au:
>>
>> > Hello every body
>> > I want to know the functions,and structures of specific files in

>> Windows,
>> > such as : File allocation table (FAT),
>> > Batch files,, Registry files, CAB files,.....etc.
>> > Please who can tell me a name of book or any source
>> > that I can read.
>> > Thanks.
>> > Saref
>> >

>> Based on the Windows O/S workstation or server, there should be a
>> Resource Kit Book, like Windows XP Professional Resource Kit book. The
>> books will explain it all.
>>
>> Duane

If one wants to know about any of the MS O/S(s) and that's really know in
detail, then one reads one of the Microsoft Press books discussing the
O/S. The Help Facility of the O/S doesn't cover what an O/S Resource Kit
book covers.

Duane