Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > imcompatible memory mix

imcompatible memory mix

mark mandel

Installing a new 256 MB PC 133 SDRAM chip to my PC created problems(i.e.,
stop errors)when it was in combination with a pre-existing chip(128 MB) even
when the latter was at the same rated speed. Alone, however, it works fine.
Changing the positions in the slots didn't change anything either.

Would flashing the BIOS be a possible solution? I ask because this is
mentioned at the manufacturer's website. However, the mobo is about a two
and a half year old MSI make.

Mark Mandell

Thor

> Would flashing the BIOS be a possible solution? I ask because this is
> mentioned at the manufacturer's website. However, the mobo is about a two
> and a half year old MSI make.

Ony if the flash update contains an update that addresses your particular
issue. Check with MSI.

WiseIndian

is it a msi nvidia chipset?

mark mandel

"WiseIndian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> is it a msi nvidia chipset?

No, it's not.