Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ClientMan

ClientMan

Ctrl+Alt+Del_356

I've got Clientman. Now how do I get rid of it, short of format c: ? I'm
using Win98se, IE6. Thanks.

colin

Ctrl+Alt+Del_356 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got Clientman. Now how do I get rid of it, short of format c: ?

I'm
> using Win98se, IE6. Thanks.

http://www.google.com < "clientman removal"

http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-clientman.html
http://www.spysweeper.com/removing-clientman.html
http://www.spy-bot.net/ClientMan.asp
http://www.pestpatrol.com/pest_info/.../clientman.asp

Lloyd Jones

Clientman is a bit of a bugger, a week back or so I had roings (malware) on
my comp, and the only thing that could remove it was hijackthis. But
hijackthis isn't idiot proof, you have to be careful in what you take off.

LJ

colin

Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cadk5k$5d2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Clientman is a bit of a bugger, a week back or so I had roings (malware)

on
> my comp, and the only thing that could remove it was hijackthis. But
> hijackthis isn't idiot proof, you have to be careful in what you take

off.

> LJ

After looking at clientmans` complexity of removal, I`d probably backup any
important stuff off the system, and then format/re-install the OS; but
that`s just me

colin

Lloyd Jones

It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped it
from working.

LJ

colin

Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cadkvs$dqn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
> remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
> i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped

it
> from working.
>
> LJ

I`m not saying that I`ve got clientman on my system; but if I did have.
As far as DAP+ goes, I stopped used that a long while ago, as it does
contain adware; which is the price you pay for using a free download manager
I suppose.

The alternative would be to buy the full product, if you like it enough.

Lloyd Jones

I stopped using DAP a long time ago as well Colling, but DAP ( the 5xxx Pro
V or the 7xx Plus) isn't freeware.

LJ

Lloyd Jones

Colin, just saw I spelt your name wrong sorry.

LJ.

colin

Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cadltk$vh5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin, just saw I spelt your name wrong sorry.
>
> LJ.

That`s ok dilligaf.

I found IDM to be a very good download manager, amongst all of the ones that
I`ve tried out; but it does expire after 30 days, and gives a nag screen in
the last 10 of them
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

derek / nul

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:16:46 +1000, "colin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:cadkvs$dqn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's probably a part of a program you installed, but if it is when you
>> remove the spyware it will more than likely stop the program from working.
>> i.e when I removed the ad-ware from Download accelerator plus it stopped

>it
>> from working.
>>
>> LJ
>>

>I`m not saying that I`ve got clientman on my system; but if I did have.
>As far as DAP+ goes, I stopped used that a long while ago, as it does
>contain adware; which is the price you pay for using a free download manager
>I suppose.
>
>The alternative would be to buy the full product, if you like it enough.

There are several freeware download mangers which do NOT contain adware
www.priceless.org