Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mike will not work

Mike will not work

colin

Mary Lake <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ca8tvi$6s1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have formatted C: drive and reinstalled windows xp now the mike will not
> work it was working before. I have checked the volume control box and
> there is no tick in the mute box the mike is also plugged into the back of
> computer ok .I have tested sound hardware with test wizard and it says the
> wizard could not complete the test because your voice was not detected can
> anybody help me Thank you

Right-click the `speaker icon` that`s near your clock, and then select `Open
Volume Controls`>options>properties>recording

Mary Lake

I have formatted C: drive and reinstalled windows xp now the mike will not
work it was working before. I have checked the volume control box and
there is no tick in the mute box the mike is also plugged into the back of
computer ok .I have tested sound hardware with test wizard and it says the
wizard could not complete the test because your voice was not detected can
anybody help me Thank you

ProfGene

Have you checked out advanced settings for the mic in control panel under
sounds and voice. There are a few settings you can try like microphone
boost or alternative mic? I had the problem with this computer and
eventually had to send it back to HP to get it fixed but tired all the
advanced settings first.
"Mary Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ca8tvi$6s1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have formatted C: drive and reinstalled windows xp now the mike will not
> work it was working before. I have checked the volume control box and
> there is no tick in the mute box the mike is also plugged into the back of
> computer ok .I have tested sound hardware with test wizard and it says the
> wizard could not complete the test because your voice was not detected can
> anybody help me Thank you

if string = "mike" then print "Hi mike" Bigmac Turdsplash Ruby 4 05-06-2009 01:28 PM
Mike Lin's startup.exe Work with Vista ? Ed Computer Support 7 02-05-2007 10:50 PM
Re: "Mike" & "Mike" geothermal Computer Support 2 04-09-2004 09:52 PM
To Mike Treseler only fe VHDL 2 03-06-2004 12:28 AM
Attn:Mike- Avatars not moving. Thomas Jackson Computer Support 1 12-09-2003 07:55 PM

Advertisments