Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Run out of 64MB Ram, how to rclaim some back if poss.

Run out of 64MB Ram, how to rclaim some back if poss.

fredcromer

I bought my 1st shitty comp(Don't quote this as my problem, it's a bit
obvious don't you think?).. a few months ago...80
It was a pent 333, 4 gig HD,64MB Ram, and i think i've used all the ram,cos
when i run a diag on the comp,I get a report that the RAM is about 1MB
left,I can't afford just yet to get the comp...'BENCHED' as I don't know
sweet F.A about computers, and the fella at the shop could say i need
anything and i'd fgo for it, what's a good way of RECLAIMING some 'RAM' by
maybe, deleting certain things, files,unused stuff etc...any advice would be
very usefull indeed......ALL THE BEST.....FRED......Every time I run AVG6
virus scan, it crashes after about 1gig of file checking, is this owt to do
with lack of RAM..........CHEERS ..FRED C

k35454

Go to www. yourwaresolutions.com and download freeRam. It's worth a try.
"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40c63ff0$(E-Mail Removed)...
I bought my 1st shitty comp(Don't quote this as my problem, it's a bit
obvious don't you think?).. a few months ago...80
It was a pent 333, 4 gig HD,64MB Ram, and i think i've used all the ram,cos
when i run a diag on the comp,I get a report that the RAM is about 1MB
left,I can't afford just yet to get the comp...'BENCHED' as I don't know
sweet F.A about computers, and the fella at the shop could say i need
anything and i'd fgo for it, what's a good way of RECLAIMING some 'RAM' by
maybe, deleting certain things, files,unused stuff etc...any advice would be
very usefull indeed......ALL THE BEST.....FRED......Every time I run AVG6
virus scan, it crashes after about 1gig of file checking, is this owt to do
with lack of RAM..........CHEERS ..FRED C

Global_Killa

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40c63ff0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I bought my 1st shitty comp(Don't quote this as my problem, it's a bit
> obvious don't you think?).. a few months ago...80
> It was a pent 333, 4 gig HD,64MB Ram, and i think i've used all the

ram,cos
> when i run a diag on the comp,I get a report that the RAM is about 1MB
> left,I can't afford just yet to get the comp...'BENCHED' as I don't know
> sweet F.A about computers, and the fella at the shop could say i need
> anything and i'd fgo for it, what's a good way of RECLAIMING some 'RAM' by
> maybe, deleting certain things, files,unused stuff etc...any advice would

be
> very usefull indeed......ALL THE BEST.....FRED......Every time I run AVG6
> virus scan, it crashes after about 1gig of file checking, is this owt to

do
> with lack of RAM..........CHEERS ..FRED C

RAM is what the computer uses to catch data (stores temporary information),
when you free RAM you are deleting this information. This can sometimes make
your computer run slower than it already is, because the computer is having
to catch the data again.

If you want to try and free some RAM, download RamBooster. Its free and out
of 6 similar programs, I would say this was the best one I tried.
Its a small program, that frees RAM well and I haven't noticed any decrease
in speed with this one.

Search for it on www.download.com.

Hope this helps,

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk

S.Heenan

fredcromer wrote:
> I bought my 1st shitty comp(Don't quote this as my problem, it's a bit
> obvious don't you think?).. a few months ago...80
> It was a pent 333, 4 gig HD,64MB Ram, and i think i've used all the
> ram,cos when i run a diag on the comp,I get a report that the RAM is
> about 1MB left,I can't afford just yet to get the comp...'BENCHED' as
> I don't know sweet F.A about computers, and the fella at the shop
> could say i need anything and i'd fgo for it, what's a good way of
> RECLAIMING some 'RAM' by maybe, deleting certain things, files,unused
> stuff etc...any advice would be very usefull indeed......ALL THE
> BEST.....FRED......Every time I run AVG6 virus scan, it crashes after
> about 1gig of file checking, is this owt to do with lack of
> RAM..........CHEERS ..FRED C

What operating system are you using Fred ? Windows XP perhaps ?
While 64MB is "OK" for Windows 98, newer Windows operating systems require
larger amounts of RAM.

Windows 95/98/ME do not manage memory very well. Win2000Pro and XP are much
better in this regard.

Lloyd Jones

Win ME is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. There's less bugs in
my garden.

LJ

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Lloyd Jones wrote:

> Win ME is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. There's less bugs in
> my garden.

ther's less bugs in a university devoted to insect study

--

Quiet, Pinky; I'm pondering.
_ _
/~\\ \ //~\
| \\ \ // |
[ || || ]
] Y || || Y [
| \_|l,------.l|_/ |
| >' `< |
\ (/~`--____--'~\) /
`-_>-__________-<_-'
/(_#(__)#_)\
\___/__\___/
/__`--'__\

Lloyd Jones

When it first came out I installed it on my comp, and the hard drive shot 6
feet across the room. I may have over exaggerated bit there lol, but ME has
got to be one of the worst products MS have released.

LJ