Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: AMD vs Intel Pros and Cons (HWF)

Re: AMD vs Intel Pros and Cons (HWF)

DeMoN LaG

"Edge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

*> but may be noisier (due to added fans due to the extra heat) .
*> I also find there third parties making the Athalon chip.
*>

Bulldunk, AMD CPUs do not require that much extra cooling. The
difference
is you can get by with a cheap POS cooler for a P4, but you need
quality
parts for an Athlon

--
http://www.HardwareForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.HardwareForumz.com/Homema...ict109350.html

Calvin Crumrine

DeMoN LaG wrote:
> "Edge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net:
>
> > but may be noisier (due to added fans due to the extra heat) .
> > I also find there third parties making the Athalon chip.
> >

> Bulldunk, AMD CPUs do not require that much extra cooling. The
> difference
> is you can get by with a cheap POS cooler for a P4, but you need
> quality
> parts for an Athlon

Many people compensate for the lack of a quality cooler by installing
multiple POS coolers. I've never figured out whether that makes sense
economically or not but it certainly increases the noise level.