Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Anti-spyware, anti-adware programs

Anti-spyware, anti-adware programs

DeMoN LaG

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Lloyd, spywareblaster does not have a resident background component.
> It merely prevents/blocks sources of spyware and web tracking by
> setting up preventative registry entries that block the execution of
> certain activeX controls, and by modifying your browser's own cookie
> restriction settings. There is no background component of
> Spywareblaster.

It works in a similar fashion to Spybot's Immunize function. It does not
need to remain resident to block those products from being installed.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Thor

"DeMoN LaG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Lloyd, spywareblaster does not have a resident background component.
> > It merely prevents/blocks sources of spyware and web tracking by
> > setting up preventative registry entries that block the execution of
> > certain activeX controls, and by modifying your browser's own cookie
> > restriction settings. There is no background component of
> > Spywareblaster.

> It works in a similar fashion to Spybot's Immunize function. It does not
> need to remain resident to block those products from being installed.

Correct. But important to note that Spybot does have two optional resident
protection components that can be enabled in addition to the immunize
feature. They are SDhelper, and Teatimer.

DeMoN LaG

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Correct. But important to note that Spybot does have two optional
> resident protection components that can be enabled in addition to the
> immunize feature. They are SDhelper, and Teatimer.

Yes. I use them both personally, though I don't recommend to our customers
that they use either.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: (E-Mail Removed)

bambam

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:36:01 +0100, wrote:

> Just because it there isn't a icon in the system tray doesn't mean that it's
> not running. "After you enable protection for all items, you can exit the
> program
> and you will still be protected." Do you know why? because it runs in the
> background bamby.

There´s just no helping some people.
Since your such a ****ing expert maybe you could learn how to post a
follow up to a usenet message-

http://home.online.no/~shughes/a57998/quote.html#001

Lloyd Jones

**** off, what's a matter? haven't had sex in what... er your life.

LJ

Stuart

Lloyd Jones wrote:

> Yes it is the same page, But the program is called SpyBlaster and it runs in
> the background just like your AV would, thus stopping spyware from even
> getting onto your computer.
>
> LJ

No the program is SpyWareBlaster, click on the link and read the name of
the program.

Stuart

Lloyd Jones

I think we established this eons ago...