Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Screen Lines

Screen Lines

Saref Aref

Hi Every body.
I have Three Longitudinal thin Lines in my screen, these
divides the screen into 4 compartments.
I did many trials to remove them but I could not.
Any body can help?
Thanks.
Saref

Jerry G.

If these are extremely thin lines that you can just see on a full white
background, you must have an aperture grill type screen, such as the
Trinitron CRT that is patented by Sony. Many manufactures of the flat screen
CRT monitors are using the Sony designed tube.

If this assumption is correct, these fine lines are from the very fine
support wires (damper wires) for the aperture grill. The aperture grill is
somewhat similar to that of the shadow-mask in a standard CRT.

Very good very basic explanation about CRT operation, and very basic
characteristics in relation to the computer display operation.
http://www.karbosguide.com/hardware/module7a4.htm

Interesting FAQ page from Sony.
http://www.sony-cp.com/en/support/faq/

--

If this is not the case, it is possible that there is a blanking-retrace
fault with the monitor. This would mainly be attributed to some components

Without seeing a monitor and diagnosing it internally, it is hard to give an
accurate assessment by an email description.

--

Jerry G.
=====

news:(E-Mail Removed)...