Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > monitor went to dark

monitor went to dark

Arcury

My monitor suddenly went to dark this morning when I work up my computer.
It is 3 years old Dell P991 FD Trinitron monitor.
I sat brightness all the way to 100% and hardly acceptable now.
I tried to restart a few times to see it goes back to normal with no luck.
I know my computer was hijacked a few days ago got some spy wares but they
are gone and running normal. That is only thing I can think about but hard
to believe that is it.

Please anyone help. It's too dark to see graphic detail.

The Prophecy

Arcury wrote:
> My monitor suddenly went to dark this morning when I work up my
> computer. It is 3 years old Dell P991 FD Trinitron monitor.
> I sat brightness all the way to 100% and hardly acceptable now.
> I tried to restart a few times to see it goes back to normal with no
> luck. I know my computer was hijacked a few days ago got some spy
> wares but they are gone and running normal. That is only thing I can
> think about but hard to believe that is it.
>
> Please anyone help. It's too dark to see graphic detail.

My guess is (and remember that this is only a guess) your monitor is going
to die soon, if somebody shares my opinion and recommends that you replace
it then i would do so.

Lloyd Jones

I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my mate and
later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his monitor. It
might be a completely different problem in your case.

LJ

The Prophecy

Lloyd Jones wrote:
> I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my
> mate and later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his
> monitor. It might be a completely different problem in your case.
>
> LJ

hmmm, well like i said it was just a guess....

Arcury

Thank you for sharing opinion guys. I was afraid if it is dying but bit too
early I thought.
If tubes burned out can you just replace tubes?

"The Prophecy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Lloyd Jones wrote:
> > I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my
> > mate and later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his
> > monitor. It might be a completely different problem in your case.
> >
> > LJ

> hmmm, well like i said it was just a guess....

Kenny

Best bet is take it to a good TV engineer, sometimes monitors are fairly
easily repairable, sometimes not.

--

Kenny

"Arcury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newss0vc.25990$3x.22411@attbi_s54...
> Thank you for sharing opinion guys. I was afraid if it is dying but bit

too
> early I thought.
> If tubes burned out can you just replace tubes?
>
> "The Prophecy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Lloyd Jones wrote:
> > > I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my
> > > mate and later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his
> > > monitor. It might be a completely different problem in your case.
> > >
> > > LJ

> > hmmm, well like i said it was just a guess....

Thor

"Arcury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newss0vc.25990$3x.22411@attbi_s54...
> Thank you for sharing opinion guys. I was afraid if it is dying but bit

too
> early I thought.
> If tubes burned out can you just replace tubes?

Only one tube in the monitor. That is the picture tube (CRT), and it is the
most expensive part in there. If the tube is toast, it wouldn't be worth
fixing. Indeed, most monitor problems that require a repair technician
aren't worth fixing IMHO, because you will likely spend more than the thing
is worth in most cases.