Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Google Stuck Back in Time!!!

Google Stuck Back in Time!!!

ChrisCoaster

This is ****ing me off! My browser shows only google news posts up to
May freakin' 27th!!! and I know it's not Google's fault because it
happens only at home.

I'm using IE 5.01xx with SBC/Yahoo dial-up. In my Temporary Internet
Files, I'm set to view latest versions of pages with "Every visit to
page".

What the ?#@# is going on?!? I look forward to reading your replies
on or after ****in' June 4th at the rate I'm goin.

-ChrisCoaster

Lloyd Jones

I don't know if IE 5 is causing the problem. but you really should update to
IE 6 mate. There's loads of security flaws in IE5 and I know there are some
in IE6 but you can download patches for most of them.

LJ

Thor

"Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c9dreq$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know if IE 5 is causing the problem. but you really should update

> IE 6 mate. There's loads of security flaws in IE5 and I know there are

some
> in IE6 but you can download patches for most of them.

As you can for IE 5 as well, but I agree he should update to 6.

ChrisCoaster

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:c9dreq$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I don't know if IE 5 is causing the problem. but you really should

update
> > IE 6 mate. There's loads of security flaws in IE5 and I know there are

> some
> > in IE6 but you can download patches for most of them.

> As you can for IE 5 as well, but I agree he should update to 6.

_______________________
I am back using my Outlook express newsreader which is up to the minute.

Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because if it
isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh HERE.

yours truly,

-****ed

Thor

Chris, are you using any kind of dialup accelerator software?

"ChrisCoaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:imvuc.338$(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:c9dreq$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I don't know if IE 5 is causing the problem. but you really should

> update
> > > IE 6 mate. There's loads of security flaws in IE5 and I know there

are
> > some
> > > in IE6 but you can download patches for most of them.

> > As you can for IE 5 as well, but I agree he should update to 6.
> >

> _______________________
> I am back using my Outlook express newsreader which is up to the minute.
>
> Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because if

it
> isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh HERE.
>
> yours truly,
>
> -****ed

ChrisCoaster

nyet!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chris, are you using any kind of dialup accelerator software?
>

> "ChrisCoaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:imvuc.338$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >
> > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > news:c9dreq$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > update

> are
> > > some
> > >
> > > As you can for IE 5 as well, but I agree he should update to 6.
> > >

> > _______________________
> > I am back using my Outlook express newsreader which is up to the minute.
> >
> > Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because if

> it
> > isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh HERE.
> >
> > yours truly,
> >
> > -****ed

Trent©

On Mon, 31 May 2004 00:53:34 GMT, "ChrisCoaster"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:c9dreq$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I don't know if IE 5 is causing the problem. but you really should

>update
>> > IE 6 mate. There's loads of security flaws in IE5 and I know there are

>> some
>> > in IE6 but you can download patches for most of them.

>> As you can for IE 5 as well, but I agree he should update to 6.
>>

>_______________________
>I am back using my Outlook express newsreader which is up to the minute.
>
>Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because if it
>isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh HERE.

Its the other way around. Its your ISP that is current.

I don't read news with HTML...so I'm afraid I can't help too much.
But are you missing ALL messages?...or just some? And are you missing
both out-going and incoming?

I don't think your ISP has anything to do with posting and reading
thru Google.

Maybe you've been banned from Google groups.

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trent©

DeMoN LaG

"ChrisCoaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:imvuc.338$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because
> if it isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh
> HERE.

Your ISP runs an NNTP server. Google pulls the newsgroups from different
feeds and converts them to webpages (basically). If you get different
google results from home and not home, the problem is most likely either
your cache or your ISP having some type of proxy. The fact OE shows
current messages has nothing to do with Google, as OE is accessing a true
NNTP server.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

ChrisCoaster

To Demon:

Well, I need to check Google the next time I'm at work. If the latest
activity on Google is dated more than 3 days before the present, then I know
it is Google's problem. If, however, Google from work is up to date, then
there is something wrong at my ISP or at my home system.

Thanks,

-ChrisCoaster

"DeMoN LaG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "ChrisCoaster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:imvuc.338$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hmmm..Could it be my ISP's server?? That wouldn't make sense because
> > if it isn't refreshing Google since 5/27 then it wouldn't refresh
> > HERE.

> Your ISP runs an NNTP server. Google pulls the newsgroups from different
> feeds and converts them to webpages (basically). If you get different
> google results from home and not home, the problem is most likely either
> your cache or your ISP having some type of proxy. The fact OE shows
> current messages has nothing to do with Google, as OE is accessing a true
> NNTP server.
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: (E-Mail Removed)

ChrisCoaster

Top post replying to TrentC:

That will be fine! I'm sure I wasn't banned. : ) I am answering you
through my Outlook newsreader(for lack of the official name). I can see all
outgoing and incoming posts here, including your's truly.

I can see all incoming and outgoing activity through Google up only to May
27th, and I use it specifically because no messages - or malicious
material! - comes near my harddrive.

-ChrisCoaster

news:(E-Mail Removed)...