Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Burning CD-DVD

Burning CD-DVD

frank

I friend of mine has taken delivery of a new computer and is
attempting to burn CD's and DVD's. All he has told me so far is that
they seem to ge through the sequence ok, but when he tries to play
them on a cd player, for example, nothing happens. I realise it's all
a bit vague and short on info, but anyone any pointers as what he
might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions? He wants me to
have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either!
Thanks
Frank

Lloyd Jones

Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD burning
software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.

LJ

Jim Berwick

frank <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions? He wants me to
> have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either!

More than likely he is burning Data CDs and not audio CDs. Not refering to
those "Audio CDR" kinda things, but that he isn't making a music CD, he is
burning .MP3 files onto a disc. As most CD Players don't play MP3 files,
or care to read a computer disc, it doesn't work.

Lloyd Jones

Good point Jim

LJ

frank

On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:36:43 +0100, "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD burning
>software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.
>
>LJ

Thanks. I have used Nero in the past and found it to be ok, but
surely the proramme supplied with his computer should be capable of
turning out playable copies. Just trying to get some idea of what he
could be doing wrong before I try to help him.
Thanks

Lloyd Jones

Like Jim said it might be that he's burning a data CD and not an audio CD,
you cant go wrong with Nero it's very simple to use.

LJ

frank

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:51:53 +0000, Jim Berwick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>frank <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions? He wants me to
>> have a look, but I'm not very clued up on it either!

>More than likely he is burning Data CDs and not audio CDs. Not refering to
>those "Audio CDR" kinda things, but that he isn't making a music CD, he is
>burning .MP3 files onto a disc. As most CD Players don't play MP3 files,
>or care to read a computer disc, it doesn't work.

Thanks all, I'll have a word with him, see what he actually is doing!

Thor

"frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:36:43 +0100, "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Tell your friend to buy Nero Burning Rom that's one of the best CD

burning
> >software around. Or his cd player might not be able to play copied cd's.
> >
> >LJ
> >

> Thanks. I have used Nero in the past and found it to be ok, but
> surely the proramme supplied with his computer should be capable of
> turning out playable copies. Just trying to get some idea of what he
> could be doing wrong before I try to help him.
> Thanks

he might be burning music files as a "data" cd, rather than an "audio" CD.
Most CD players cannot play "data" CDs. Tell him to make sure he is picking
"audio" CD when burning his music for playback in a CD player.

Trentİ

On Sun, 30 May 2004 21:25:07 +0100, frank <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I friend of mine has taken delivery of a new computer and is
>attempting to burn CD's and DVD's. All he has told me so far is that
>they seem to ge through the sequence ok, but when he tries to play
>them on a cd player, for example, nothing happens. I realise it's all
>a bit vague and short on info, but anyone any pointers as what he
>might, or might not be doing wrong? Any suggestions?

He needs to view the CD...with Windows Explorer...to see what kind of
files (if any) are on there.

We can then go from there.

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trentİ