Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > e-mail back up

e-mail back up

halrae

G'day Folks
any one know how I can back up my email messages to floppy??I am using
outlook express.
thanks heaps

--
"Scooter"
V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E

Lloyd Jones

Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.

LJ

halrae

G'day LJ
Thanks for that was not aware you could do that, however I was more looking
for the whole file of messages, I tried that but it did not work.
regards
Halrae

--
"Scooter"
V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E
V. R. A. Australia # 61-1-1A-1500E
www.ozemail.com.au/~halrae/VRA_Home.htm
Stay Upright and Ride Safe
Yahoo Messenger - scooter_n_beanz

"Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c9cecs$rhi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.
>
> LJ

Thor

if you look around the various shareware and freeware sites, and google
search, there are free email backup tools to be found. And if you want to do
it manually, just locate the Outlook Express store folder (you can locate it
by going to "tools/options/maintenence/" and clicking on the "store folder"
button, and it will show you the path/location. Then open windows explorer,
and locate the folder, and copy it to the backup media of your choice. You
may need to set your folder view to unhide hidden and system files first.
Example:

in WinXP the path is usually

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{761674CE-C33B-4A1A-8173-89CD516342C6}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express

"username" is typically your Windows XP account username

The long string of numbers/letters in the path is called the "GUID" will be
*unique to your system*. The one above is just an example.

Back up the "outlook express" folder at the end of that pathname.

In Win9x, the path is usually

C:\windows\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Back up the outlook express folder at the end of that pathname.

"halrae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CYjuc.673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day LJ
> Thanks for that was not aware you could do that, however I was more

looking
> for the whole file of messages, I tried that but it did not work.
> regards
> Halrae
>
> --
> "Scooter"
> V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E
> V. R. A. Australia # 61-1-1A-1500E
> www.ozemail.com.au/~halrae/VRA_Home.htm
> Stay Upright and Ride Safe
> Yahoo Messenger - scooter_n_beanz
>

> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:c9cecs$rhi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.
> >
> > LJ

Thor

oh, and to add to my last reply, the files aren't likely going to fit on a
floppy, unless you use some kind of archive program like ZIP, or RAR to span
multiple floppy disks. It would be easier of you burned the files onto CD,
or zip disk, etc.

"halrae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CYjuc.673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G'day LJ
> Thanks for that was not aware you could do that, however I was more

looking
> for the whole file of messages, I tried that but it did not work.
> regards
> Halrae
>
> --
> "Scooter"
> V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E
> V. R. A. Australia # 61-1-1A-1500E
> www.ozemail.com.au/~halrae/VRA_Home.htm
> Stay Upright and Ride Safe
> Yahoo Messenger - scooter_n_beanz
>

> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:c9cecs$rhi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.
> >
> > LJ

halrae

G'day Thor
Thanks very much, greatly appreciated.
halrae

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> oh, and to add to my last reply, the files aren't likely going to fit on a
> floppy, unless you use some kind of archive program like ZIP, or RAR to

span
> multiple floppy disks. It would be easier of you burned the files onto CD,
> or zip disk, etc.
>

> ..
> "halrae" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CYjuc.673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > G'day LJ
> > Thanks for that was not aware you could do that, however I was more

> looking
> > for the whole file of messages, I tried that but it did not work.
> > regards
> > Halrae
> >
> > --
> > "Scooter"
> > V. R. A. # 1-0-1743A-1500E
> > V. R. A. Australia # 61-1-1A-1500E
> > www.ozemail.com.au/~halrae/VRA_Home.htm
> > Stay Upright and Ride Safe
> > Yahoo Messenger - scooter_n_beanz
> >

> > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:c9cecs$rhi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Just drag the email on to your desktop and save it to floppy.
> > >
> > > LJ

Connecting two 1601's back-to-back via serial interfaces Cyber-Soldier Cisco 1 11-20-2003 07:49 PM
back to back cable sbab Cisco 2 10-21-2003 01:09 AM
Configuring VPN through Cisco PIX and ISA Server in Back-to-back scenario Dejan Gambin Cisco 0 10-16-2003 01:53 PM
back-to-back with ISDN Fiber Optic Cisco 8 07-25-2003 07:33 AM
Cisco 2610 back to back serial connection problem - please help pandula Cisco 1 07-10-2003 01:21 PM

Advertisments