Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Windows XP Error 0x0073c35f

Windows XP Error 0x0073c35f

Blog the Haggis

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this error message is, I've
been looking on google but so far no joy. It's a new computer running
Windows XP and has a HP LaserJet 2300d that prints fine using all it's
programs except one which generate the following error:

ERROR: MSG 0x0073c35f [CAT 7/0 STD 3]
Category: Underlying system generated error [Toolkit Error]
Function: xvt_print_create xvt_app_create
File: wprnt.c line: 763

The program in question is a current version which was developed for Windows
XP so I don't understand why it's happening. Is there a compatibility
problem between Windows XP and HP products?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

-Duncan

Terry Joyce

> ERROR: MSG 0x0073c35f [CAT 7/0 STD 3]
> Category: Underlying system generated error [Toolkit Error]
> Function: xvt_print_create xvt_app_create
> File: wprnt.c line: 763
>
> The program in question is a current version which was developed for

Windows
> XP so I don't understand why it's happening. Is there a compatibility
> problem between Windows XP and HP products?

Yo Dude
I googled wprnt.c and led to
http://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/indust...hdocs/1566.htm
which says this is an old Win3.1 problem. Are you printing in Landscape
mode?
Tee Jay
http://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/indust...hdocs/1466.htm
suggests trying another program to print from. Create where you want but
then cut and paste to different program to print.

Blog the Haggis

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I did see that one and while the 'work around'
does indeed work, it still doesn't explain what the functions are and why
it's happening in the first place. Could it be an old driver causing the
problem?

I've also looked at the HP support pages but they have no reference to that
error code...

-Duncan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...